What's new

Couple of RB Swap Questions?

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,
Just trying to clarify a couple of questions regarding a RB26 swap into a Spec R, as I have searched forum to forum with no definitive answers. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. From what I understand, a R33 Cross member will drop right in, and the steering rack will bolt up with no problems? Yes?

2. Can you re-use the stock engine mounts from the SR?

3. Will the 6-speed transmission cross member work with a RB25DET transmission, or will a R33 transmission cross member be needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
There are quite a few different ways to do it, but in my car I used the HCR33 Skyline GTS-T crossmember and mounting brackets in conjunction with a mounting kit made by Syko Performance in the USA, which is excellent and highly recommended. If installed correctly it lines the transmission and shifter up perfectly with the shifter hole inside the cabin. The RB's oil pan needs to be modified by cutting off the differential casing and welding it shut, and then the cooling webbing needs to be shaved off of it in order to clear the crossmember. The GT-R crossmembers will not fit into the Silvia and the SR engine mounts will not work with the RB engine.