What's new

tyres needed. ...

Reaction score
Country
Got to get some new tyres so was wondering which were the best for the 15 fast road/daily.
Are the federal 595rsr any good:confused:

Reaction score
Country
marshalls all the way!

Not serious, I've got pirelli Zeros and they're seem like a really good tyre plenty of grip and good in the wet which is what you really need from a tyre as dry performance in the top brands i think is negligible

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
www.ejmcarphotography.co.uk
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Personally I will be putting Vredesteins on my S15 when tyres are required. I find them a good mix of grip for fun weekend drives and wet stopping and last a good while too (compared to the T1Rs I had before!!) - I do 180 miles a day!
I also found my MPG went from 60-65 to 70-75, on an S15 maybe you will get 2 or 3 mpg more ;)
Theyre so good my hubbys gone and put them on his M3 and if they can keep his tail happy ass in line then thats good enough for me :thumbs: IMO when I have driven it they performed better than the Mich Pilot Sports he had before that!

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Pilot sports were only ok yes, but super sports are completely different. And miles ahead than any vrerdestein in all testing.
super sports aren't that expesive either.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
They were super sport's I was being lazy not writing the whole thing as I didn't realise there were plain sport's versions as well lol. I just asked his opinion and he said they were more expensive and no better (but no worse) than the vreds :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Different strokes for different folks.

To the OP just look at the reviews on the Internet, or what tyres the best sports cars in the world use.

Lil SpecR

Reaction score
Website
Country
Instagram
@lil_ej_x
Yeh very true - I work for a car manufacturer in benchmarking and all the equivalent competitor cars to ours are all using different manufacturers. If there was "one right tyre" every new sport's car would be fitted with the same brand! But there is no "one right tyre" just someone's opinion/experience. I know it's an expensive way to find out but I've found my tyre choice through trial and error :)

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Check http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/, it very good
I have run conti's pirellis, good years all sorts but always end up back at Michelin: only heading towards the super sports as they were on some Astons I drove at work recently and they felt really confidence Inspiring: I have PS3 on my civic and had ps2 on my last type r too and they have all given me the most confident road feedback I have ever had . It is down to personal preference at the ends of the day , the only way is to try something and see if it suits ! Check out that website though as the reviews are from everyday people 🏻

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I had the yoko v105's (the one above 103's??) and I thought they were rubbish compared to the Eagles and michi's. Really noisey and the dry grip felt poor.