What's new

Rota Force Drift Fitment

Reaction score
Country
Got a problem,

I'm trying to work out what size wheels I need to purchase that will fit my arches and not rub the coilovers.

I'm looking at Rota Force Drift and have been advised that 18x9 ET35 should fit fine and still have that concaved look (concaved is important)
But I have seen another said saying they wont fit.

I need them to be concaved and not rub, Thats it.

Having a hard time finding S15's with these wheels to compare :|

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
They won't fit on front without spacers, for a 9J you need et20-25 (25 may need 5mm spacer to clear suspension) on front and et25-30 on rear.

A lot depends how low you want to go and how much camber you want to run etc.

just search for 9j alloy s15 to see what other people run

Reaction score
Country
Damn, They only do them in ET27 30 or 35.

How will the offset affect the concave look of the wheels? will ET27 have a deeper center? I'm not much good with fitment...

I don't mind fitting spacers if I need to but concerned they will then stick out too far from the arch to be road legal.

so to make sure I've got this correct, ET27 should fit with a 7mm spacer? and ET35 should with a 15mm spacer?
Am I right with that? or will I then be scraping the arch.

I don't want to go too low, just a nice fitment within the arch, 1 to 1 1/2 inch gap between the wheel and the arch is what I'd like. With minimal camber and wheels flush to the arch.

What would be suitable for the back?

Last edited:

CMR

Reaction score
Country
If you are buying wheels new, then buy offsets that will fit not ones that you instantly are going to have to use spacers with.
Try going on rimtuck.com to see what other people are running, 9J et20 will need some camber and/or a stretched tyre I'd imagine.

Reaction score
Country
I would rather ones that fit, but as they only have ET27 +, I can see it being difficult to do that without a spacer.
I'm looking for as little camber as possible, I don't mind a small amount and some stretch but not too excessive.

I like the look of this fitment on the front: http://www.rimtuck.com/photo/view/1365163992.jpg

But this person is running:
Front 17x9 ET25

Obviously he's running 17's on the front, but in theory shouldn't 18" fit just the same? and ofcourse the closest ET I can get is ET27, Should that be alright then?

and Rear: http://www.rimtuck.com/photo/view/1352431195.jpg

Which is sat on 18x9 ET38....but the closest I can get is an ET35

should they fit?

So my plan is
Rear: 18x9 ET35
Front: 18x9 ET27

But want to be 100% sure these will bolt straight on with a nice fitment before I put any card details in.

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
I'm running et25 17" 9j all round and didn't need spacers, but did need my arches rolled. I have 235/45/17 tyres which is slightly bigger diameter than normal and I can get away with 245 width on most tyres. 18's would be the same but you'd need less profile on the tyres. I can't see you fitting 9j's with rear arches being rolled, as they will stick out a little proud, but the curve of a 235 with tyre will make it look pretty decent.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I reckon a et27 on the front with a 3 or 5mm spacer will work well! Plus on anything over 5mm you need extended studs.

On the rear et35 will work well, and have a pair of 5mm spacers spare, as that may even look better.

also a lot depends on style of Coilover as each has different clearance tolerances. So not that straight forward unfortunately.

Reaction score
Country
Well that's sounding hopeful! I don't mind if the wheels poke out a bit as long as its still legal with the tread being under the arch.

My coilovers are Daiyama's and are a lot smaller than the original suspension so I'm hoping it should be fine.

Might purchase them next week, but going to continue to do a bit of research before I commit.

Anyone know if these should be suitable in terms of clearance?

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Can't say specifically, but the HSD monopros were fine with mine. Let me get a pic sorted so you can see what 9j ET25's look like (without spacers)

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
image.jpg

Needed a roll on the rear but no stretching arches, and the fronts are fine as is.

Reaction score
Country
That's a really nice fitment, That's what I'd like to go for.

The closest ET I can get is a ET27 so I might need a 3mm spacer.

Do you have the same on the back as well?

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Yep et25 all round, and camber is -1.15 (minutes) which makes them seem to stick out a little more than they would with -2 or -3 (best looking but ride not so great). I think I'd prefer et27 at the rear on mine with these settings and I don't think I'd need a spacer but I am guessing!

Reaction score
Country
Just realised I have big brakes up front, will I need any specific ET or anything to clear those?

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Yeah, but I would expect the sizes your talking about to be a good bet. Probably best of searching for your brakes on here or sxoc TBH.

Reaction score
Country
Don't go for a weaker offset on the rear than the front else it'll look weird with a wider front track than rear.

Coilovers cause use clearance issues as the locking rings tend to be at the same height as the rim where as the Oem kit is higher up.

roll your arches properly and get good fitting wheels, you won't be disappointed :)