What's new

Manifold and pipework choices

Reaction score
Country
So i managed to slam the underside of the car on the deck on Sunday night and while i hope it was just the chassis rails taking the impact i am concerned i may have walloped the exhaust and know there is a risk that thump can transit up to the weakest point and find a nice weld in the manifold to crack so i have started looking at replacement pipes and manifold.

I have looked on blitz uk and nengun and there are massive price differences and i wanted to know what people recommend. The Tomei Expreme manifold is £355 shipped but the GReddy manifold is £1100 shipped. I cannot see a reason for the massive difference in price. I did look for a HKS option but they are discontinued.

Any advice would be greatly received, for info i was crawling off a drive about to reverse in a 3 point turn fashion, the underside of the car hit a level curb and the bang was even across the car (hence why i think it was both rails) at around the back of the front seats / rear passenger foot well sort of area so i have ruled out the big worry beads of sump / gear box / diff etc. Thoroughly pissed off at myself but it was somewhere i had never been before, pitch black with no street lighting and raining hard so i didn't see it coming!!

drifter

Reaction score
Country
The Greddy manifold that came with my turbo kit was ****e :) I made my own using it as a template in the end.

What sort of spec are you running? I wouldn't move away form the standard cast manifold if it's a mild tune tbh :)

Reaction score
Country
The Greddy manifold that came with my turbo kit was ****e :) I made my own using it as a template in the end.

What sort of spec are you running? I wouldn't move away form the standard cast manifold if it's a mild tune tbh :)
I'm hoping to find that the standard manifold is in one piece and i haven't done anything silly to the car in which case i will stay as i am for now. I want to be running around 350-360bhp as a daily driver eventually but wanted to find out which was the best manifold to go for given such a variation in prices. Based on the replies so far i will go with the Tomei manifold kit if a new one is required.

Reaction score
Country
Dose that Tomei manifold come as a top mount as well by any chance?
Nengun only had one option available and it appeared to be a direct replacement for the standard cast iron jobbie. But i know Max Sloper was looking at a Tomei top mount version for his SR20VET so i think it is available somewhere in the world. Sorry i can't be more help!!!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Nengun only had one option available and it appeared to be a direct replacement for the standard cast iron jobbie. But i know Max Sloper was looking at a Tomei top mount version for his SR20VET so i think it is available somewhere in the world. Sorry i can't be more help!!!
No worries mate, I will probably go down the custom route anyway..

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Yeah the hdev mani is good for the money, is basically a cheap knock off of the tomei ha ah quality between the 2 isn't really comparable but it's probably one of the better manis about in the lower price range

als_jordan

Staff member
Reaction score
completely agree you do get what you pay for (not all the time, but sometime)

Yeah the hdev mani is good for the money, is basically a cheap knock off of the tomei ha ah quality between the 2 isn't really comparable but it's probably one of the better manis about in the lower price range

Reaction score
Country
The Tomei manifold is around the £ 460 mark including import taxes and shipping which to me seems reasonable given the price of the more recognisable Jap brands do as or if the need is there I would rather get the genuine item.