What's new

Oil changeI

Reaction score
Country
Did an oil change today. Used 4 litres of nulon 10-40w and when i checked the dipstick, it showed that the oil was pasted H. It wasn't between the lines, it was pasted H!
So i tried draining a fair amount of oil out. Check the oil dip stick once again and it didn't even budge. (Yes i wiped the stick before sticking it back in again. Repeated this step many times due to confusion)

Any idea what may be the problem? I've came up with one thing. Maybe a mechanic that worked on my car previously swapped the dipstick?
Besides that, i have no idea what is happening

Please help :)

Thanks

Reaction score
Country
Yes it was on even surface, i even drove the car with high oil and checked it again and it made no difference.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It normally takes about 3litres I found! I have a big wig sump now so mine takes 4.2.

Show us a pic of your dipstick and we can say if it's wrong or not. Very unlikely!

How are you draining the oil out? If it's via the sump then what seems like a lot of oil coming out is normally only .2 of a litre. (I'm a mechanic and have to do this sometimes) so let it drain abit more. And then top up slowly!

Reaction score
Country
3L huh, i would normally assume it's 4litres + because the car is 1998cc.

I will take a photo tomorrow. It's late at night here :)
Thanks for the tip

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Yep, done this myself. Very annoying. Had to drain and top up twice in my short ownership because I'm so used to just chucking in 3.5L but it seems it's actually about 3.2ish to get to H but not past it...