What's new

s15 engine swap.... 2jz?

Reaction score
Country
Has anybody done such a conversion? i know it was done in the past on the driftworks s15, but i wondered if anybody is running this set up as we speak? or if anybody has swapped out the sr20 for any other motor? interesting to see what you guys have dropped in there, i also know david waterworth ran his with a monsterous viper v10 in his 😂

Reaction score
There are countless engine conversions out there, **** loads of RB's, some toyota's, a few v8's and i've seen a VR38DETT knocking about on the internet.

Reaction score
Country
cool! yeh im going to see how the sr20det treats me but im coming from a v6 so we shall see! im going to see what you guys on the forum have done in the way of small/ easy mods for a little extra power

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
A friend of mine recently did this conversion on his s13 which should be much the same process. There were a few bits to mess around with such as prop/exhaust/radiator/fans etc and of course the wiring but the actual engine and box dropped in easily on a set of specific mounts he bought from the us.

Reaction score
Country
thanks tom il take a read through that, and dean yeh i thought it might be fairly easy as you say, but if you look at the driftworks 2jz swap they had to do some wierd/tricky stuff! it looks asif they had to mount the engine right back, so it was going through the bulkhead, and alot of cutting and welding was needed to fit the engine, it looks like a V engine would be easier to fit than a straight 6! i just didnt want another V

drifter

Reaction score
Country
Drift works only set the engine that far back because they wanted to, to help weight distribution I think. Pretty sure it would drop straight in without all that cutting. I'm still using the sr at 500bhp, if I ever changed it would most likely be an Ls v8 :)

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Agreed. Normally it's either weight or to make room for sufficient cooling. As far as I know the shifter comes out in a convenient place as well if you drop them in on the prefab mounts so the actual nuts and bolts of the conversion isn't too much of a problem.

Reaction score
Country
Drift works only set the engine that far back because they wanted to, to help weight distribution I think. Pretty sure it would drop straight in without all that cutting. I'm still using the sr at 500bhp, if I ever changed it would most likely be an Ls v8 :)
oh cool, would be interesting to see your build