What's new

Clutch question...

Reaction score
Country
Hi, I've got an s15 spec s which is a factory 5 speed manual. I'm currently in the process of swapping an sr20det motor into it.

I want to change the clutch before the engine goes in just for piece of mind. Can I use an s14/s14a clutch or does it have to be one for an s15 5 speed box? Does the s15 spec s use the same 5 speed box as the s14 models?

Cheers 👍

Reaction score
Country
OK, so I'm actually looking to buy a clutch online next week.

I'm doing a det swap on my spec s so I want to change the clutch before I put the engine in just for piece of mind. Does anybody have any recommendations? I want it to be able to handle fairly decent power and last for a decent amount of time too. Is it worth getting the flywheel skimmed at the same time? Or even getting a lightweight flywheel? Any help would be great, cheers.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
If you are hoping for 400bhp the gear box will be struggling to cope, so you might as well upgrade that as well (not many cheap options though).

I'm running about 350 and been using a Exedy Organic with ACT flywheel for a good few years now.

Reaction score
This clutch came out of a very low mileage S15 , good for 600hp mate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Maybe I'm being slightly optimistic in saying I'd be hoping for 400bhp... Basically I want a good clutch that'll handle a decent amount of power when I start aiming for higher bhp/torque figures. Exedy Organic Sports clutch sounds like a good shout.

I don't think I need a clutch quite so manly Matt, cheers though.

Reaction score
Country
Go act clutch /fidanza flywheel then...make sure you get the proper stage for the power you're aiming at, cause if you go too low you'll get clutch slip and it's going to wear out your disk in no time mate...

Reaction score
Country
Cheers for the advice... I'm more than likely going to go with a decent paddle clutch, probably act as they seem to be pretty popular. Not too sure what to do about my flywheel though, wether to replace it with a lightened one or just have my old one skimmed... It may be worth doing while the engine is out, at least it's done then!