What's new

S14 - S15 Conversion

J

J

Hi all, great site in the making!

Basically i want an S15 Spec R! BADLY! But due to funding or lack of, i am looking into the possibility of doing the S15 front end conversion to an S14. I havnt looked into it too much yet so would like to know your opinions, costing, availabilty of parts, etc etc. Also why is it called a Strawberry conversion? Sorry if ive missed a really obvious answer to this!

i know an S15 would be the better choice and believe me if i can afford it i will be buying one! so is there anywhere u recommend me trying? import companies? sellers? I need to look into both routes and see what i can afford!

Thanks in advance

J

J

J

Yakozan said:
You can afford a S15 :nod:

http://www.freeforumhosting.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=180&mforum=s15

I know it's a Spec-S. But it still looks good :)
And later when you can afford it, shove in a RB26DETT and you'll have a real beast :)
Thats a gorgeous car, but its an auto. I could maybe get on board with a spec s and an RB26DETT... (seriously that would be awesome!) no, i wouldnt mind a spec s with a SR20DET to drop in but it has to be a manual car. How much can u pick up an SR20DET for?

No opinions on the S14/15 conversion anyone? from what ive seen Spec S's go for around ?6000 and Spec R's go for around ?11000+, is that about right for the uk?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Its a fairly new topic on this forum, I'm afraid (so is every other topic for that matter :p).

You may find it beneficial to pay a visit to the SXOC forum. There are a number of people on there with Strawberry conversions. In fact, driftmonkey is selling his on there. CLICK.

When you get one, you can be our resident expert. :D

F

FLY 200

S15 FRONT END CONVERSIONS

Not sure how it works over there but most japenese auto dismantlers will sell " half cuts" basically the front half of the car including motor wiring loom and most good half cuts will include front ends and front guards. I am fairly sure that some automotive suppliers over there would be able to do this for you............maybe ring around or speak to some of the guys that have already done this conversion and see who they would suggest goodluck

J

J

Thanks for the advice, i have spoke to a few people who have done the conversion and have been told that a good way of doing it would be to buy standard S15 headlight and front bumper (and bonnet unless i want a carbon one) which will all fit an S14, just need some mods to the slam panel to fit the back of the lights. Then buy S14.5 conversion wings.

So does anybody know of any good salvage yards or anywhere where the S15 parts maybe for sale?

K

kenji

Wouldn't it be easier to get the S14.5 ready made fenders instead of modifying your current fenders to fit the headlights?

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
kenji said:
Wouldn't it be easier to get the S14.5 ready made fenders instead of modifying your current fenders to fit the headlights?
:nod: But that cost money and if your modding on the cheap then you would try alter them.

Having said that i would get ready made ones :nod:

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
You could always buy a nice Spec S then spend a "fair bit" in upgrading the engine, brakes, suspension, etc.. in order to get it to the same level of performance as the Spec R (if you don't care about resale value - thought I'd get that in before Nicely did)... But at the end of the day you'll probably spend as much.

I'm currently doing this project on my car and it is not cheap - but that's due to my overall lack of sanity and desire to do everything the hard way and have 'fairly decent' power. Albert (Moscow) is also doing a similar thing but just doing an engine swap as his suspension and brakes are already upgraded.

I'll keep the forum up to date on my progress (in case anyone cares) :) :)

F

FLY 200

power to the people

I say power to all the people in the world who are prepared to take something standard and make it better through modification, i think a standard r-spec s15 is a weapon in the right hands and the asthetic looks are awesome. I also love the conversions that people are doing to other front ends, just goes to show that automotive genius is in the eye of the beholder and individual tastes produce individual projects and good luck to all of u.............p.s I think god drives a maxxed out s15 with 300 pounds of boost :notworthy: