What's new

Oil filter size advice??

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys, my car has got an oil cooler fitted and when I went to fit my OEM nissan oil filter found the thread diameter to be smaller.

The thread on the old filter looks to be 20mm but unsure on pitch and has a beatrush sticker on it.

I've googled beatrush and can't find anything, anyone know any other filters that should fit?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drifter

Reaction score
Country
It should be M20 x 1.5 as the thread screwing onto the car should be the same as the male thread you screw the filter onto. If you bought the filter that Opie sell for this engine it will be wrong as they send a 3/4 UNC that fits the CA/RB etc. I found out the hard way!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I got the filter off eBay, it's a genuine nissan one that says it fits RB's etc.

I'm just confused now cus I can't find a laile beatrush one in UK and I don't know whether a M20 x 1.5 HKS will fit or not as the actual filter dimensions may be different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drifter

Reaction score
Country
RB and SR are different. I guess the one you have won't even start screwing on, if so it'll be 3/4 UNC.

Don't bother paying a fortune for an HKS filter, just go to the local parts place and get one off the shelf. They probably won't find an S15 on their system so tell them it's for a 1997 200sx S14a. If they ask for a plate tell them P434 LKL, thats my old one that was scrapped :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Straight cam SR's also used the 3/4" oil filter, not really relevant to this but hey, the more you know....

Reaction score
Country
tegiwa in longton sell filters for the 15 they sell both sizes so make sure you get the right one:thumbs:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
You have to be careful with some of these relocation blocks. A mate of mine found out the hard way when his oil filter came off at a track day. He thought the thread was metric, turns out it was imperial. The filter went on, but didn't stay on. Lucky he didn't destroy his motor.