What's new

how to remove grey area/console???

W

wow

hello ppl,

does any1 know how to remove this grey area off a jdm silvia s15.

by the way this isn't the pic of my car, got this on the internet, don't have time to take picture of my car.

because i have a turbo timer cut into that dash and i'm wanting to remove it and place it somewhere else, then i'm gonna cover the hole that the turbo timer was placed in.it seems the turbo timer is stuck on the dash.

if i remove that area, the passenger side dash will be removd too??right..
please i want the quickiest way to remove it..without having to remove the steering wheel or anything else??
thanks

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You might want to download the Workshop Manual (Useful Threads) :)

There's a bolt on the bottom right - by the fuse box, and a screw on the bottom left (on the left side of the steering wheel). After that, the section you have circled pulls down. Its held by two clips.

W

wow

yep it was pretty easy...

i actually can't put the turbo timer somwhere else because the wires are too short.
thanks

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yeah, that's what I keep saying, but people still insist on buying expensive alarms just so they can get it to work with the immobiliser. Just adjust your driving style slightly in the last few minutes of your journeys and you'll never have need for it.... :nod: Unless, of course, it has nothing to do with protecting your turbo and all to do with inflating your ego... ;)

Reaction score
lol nicely... i totally understand your point...

although i do have a clifford with it on... but, i needed the clifford for insurance... yea...

Reaction score
My turbo timer is built into my clifford aswell... only cost me ?250! And has the remote start for those cold mornings or if im feelin really chavvie!

W

wow

the turbo timer came with the car..

anyway i wanna connect the TT hose (boost readings)..i think the previous owner used to have this TT hose connectd but then he took it off.
i'm gonna buy a hose to connect them.

The TT is Blitz Dual Turbo Timer.

this is my engine pic, do i connect the TT hose to this existin hose???

i think this pipe is connectd to the pressure reg -----> plenum.

newbie to this
now questions i need answering:
1. should i buy a hose similiar to that size?
2. is that last pic with the number (2) the corect way to connect it?
3. if not, how do i connect it?
3. should i just zip tie the ends of the hoses??

i really want this connected cause my boost gauge sometimes stops working.

thanks...

nissan silvia s15 JDM

Reaction score
hmm, the hose in ur engine bay looks like silicone vacuum hose, where as the hose going to your turbo timer is a solid (hard) plastic hose, am i correct?? if thats the case, you cant connect them together, you need a converter or a different t piece

W

wow

yeah i thinks the hoses are different, the one on the TT isn't hard but it's plastic and yerh the engine bay one is silicone i think.
so i can't just zip tie the ends together?. so do i have to get a t connector of some sort to join them together?.
but i still can join them right(it's still possible)??

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd say that's almost certainly where it was attached previously :nod: You need to get a T connector with a vinyl hose adaptor.

W

wow

gonna buy silicon hose tommorrow.
i'm just gonna remove the bue old silicon hose (one with the nail covering it "2nd picture") and replace it with the new one going all the way to the Turbo Timer hose??right??
and from the TT hose to the new silicone hose can i just zip tie it or something??

i won't need a t-connector if i just replace old one and connect new one to original t connector..

whats a vinyl hose adaptor? do i really need one?

i don't like asking too much questions but i don't know much about this & plus i don't wanna have to pay someone to do it.

thanks..

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'm assuming you've got a narrow plastic/vinyl pipe coming out of the TT? Its this which needs to T into the pipe between the plenum and fuel pressure regulator. If you want to put the narrow pipe into a silicon, it MUST be a tight and secure fit. This is why I recommend the adaptor. They 'lock' plastic/vinyl hoses onto them.

W

wow

thanks guys for the help...
bought a 4mm normal black hose and t connector.replace the old hoses and t connector with the new ones.

it this normal or right?:
on neutral its say on the TT boost -47cmgh(at under 1000rpm) and on my boost gauge it's between -3 to -4 (vac??)..

when i drive and my boost gauge goes pass 0 my TT is still on -minus??
only when i hit the gas the TT will go to over 15 or more.
if the hoses arn't connected properly(be it throught the t-piece or the valuves)(air passing through) is there a chance the car will lose performance....