What's new

S15 Spec S Redtop SR20DET conversion, easy?

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys,
Recently bought my self an S15 Spec S and the plan is to drop the Redtop SR20DET out of my s13 into it.
Before I start, is there anything I need to know? Anyone had any experience with redtops into non turbo s15s?
I'm assuming the whole conversion will drop straight into it from my S13 with the only difference being wiring?
Is there anything else I'll need to change?
Thanks for any advice!

Reaction score
Country
I think you should be good with only replacing the engine loom...just check out if the s13 loom has got the LH side wing repeater wire and plug, Abs plug and a couple other connections I can't remember exactly at the moment (maybe ac compressor and Power steering). Also check for connector with front side harness (headlights, fogs etc) it's right behind radiator overflow tank.

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Hey, currently 90% through doing this conversion myself, I'm dropping a 180sx blacktop sr20det non-vvt engine into my Spec S.

It will drop straight in but off the top of my head the following bits are different:

- Wiring. obvious enough and the main one really, I sent my harness off to get the ABS, wipers, S15 interface etc put into the S13 loom
- The heater hoses line up but you need an extra piece of hose to line it up with the bulkhead.
- AC compressor bracket, the one that the 4 compressor bolts fit onto (If you're using the S15 Compressor)
- power steering adjustment bracket (if you're using the S15 P/S pump)
- get a complete S14/15 exhaust side to make things easy for yourself but you'll have to get custom FMIC pipes done if you plan on using one.

They are the only things I can think of for now but if you have any other questions, PM me and I'll try answer them