What's new

What's this hardline?

Reaction score
Country
So went to start fitting the new manifold today and while tinkering i noticed a blue vacline hanging down from the gearbox. Odd I thought what's that?

Got under the car and found the end hanging down used to be attached to this hardline running along the inside of the nearside chassis rail:

That hardline ended near my downpipe with a bit of blue hose still attached where it must have broken (heat?)

So what would that line be and why would it go up above the gearbox (I can't see where it ends)?

Reaction score
Country
Could be the fuel tank breather that goes to the carbon canister near the radiator if you still have it??

Reaction score
Country
If thats the case wouldn't it be massively dangerous ending that hardline near my hot downpipe and the end of my screamer pipe????

Reaction score
Country
probably, but check the pipes that go the carbon canister as they are definitely hard pipes. If its been removed the in/out pipes should be joined. Ive never checked where they run in the car so its just a suggestion but hard pipes under the car i assume are only for fuel and brakes? so if you have an open end then it must be some sot of breather if your car is still running ok?

Reaction score
Country
Lots of bits have been removed as it's fairly modified, so no idea if I've still got a carbon canister. Quite unlikely TBH.

If it is the fuel tank breather am I best off just cutting the hardline back near the tank, and letting it vent back there were heat isn't an issue?

I'd love to know where that blue hose is going if it *is* the fuel breather......

Reaction score
Country
So what I didn't realise, is there there two breather hardlines, one on either side of the car. All this blue hose is doing is connecting the two, since I don't have the carbon cannister or intake plumbing etc anymore....