What's new

In Need of Boost/BOV Help!

Reaction score
Country
Hi all thanks for looking as after looking on the Internet for odd noises from dump valves it's pretty difficult to get an answer lol :)

Pretty much, I fitted a Blitz intercooler around last August and then around December a Hks bov and hadn't had any issues.
Suddenly last week I was driving home from work, my dump valve was making a completely different sound, it sounded much more high pitch and a quicker release.
I had got home taken off some of the intercooler pipes and found a hole where it had been rubbing on the battery tray hole.
I took it to work and had it welded and also wrapped it in carbon so it don't happen again.

So after fitting it back on, the noise hadn't changed and was still doing it. So after tonight of pretty much removing the entire kit and inspecting and refitting, it's still not right.
I've check all around the bov and all seems okay!
I'm sooooo lost!!!!!
Any help would be great!
Many thanks in advance.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Dont go off what a bov sounds like. What boost are you actually running? If it holds boost all the way through the rev range then there is no issue. HKS Bov should be very hi pitched and sometimes it flutters.

Reaction score
Country
If its an HKS SSQV they always tend to make a squeak/whistle. Mine did on my old Glanza. What noise was it making before?

Reaction score
Country
Dont go off what a bov sounds like. What boost are you actually running? If it holds boost all the way through the rev range then there is no issue. HKS Bov should be very hi pitched and sometimes it flutters.
It's literally completely changed the noise though. From like a bunch of pigeons to tsssh lol.
Running standard boost and holds it just sounds like **** now like it's broken.
I've done around 5k mile with it sounding like pigeons why the sudden change now!
It's running stock with a straight through exhaust, FMIC, pod filter, and bov.
The only recent change has been a decat has been added!

Reaction score
Country
If anything that sounds like its been jammed shut and now works....

HKS SSQV's shouldn't pigeon unless the spring it tightened right up... is the spring still there?

Reaction score
Country
that's the answer then no cat = far less back pressure =different noise simples:thumbs: :nod:

Reaction score
Country
It sounds like you've been running boost lower than the setting on the BOV. The car would chatter then and now with more boost you'll be getting the HKS ssqv 'squeek'/whistls

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I took it out today and where before it would only go up to .6 boost, now it went nearly to .8 and at one point spiked to .9.
Feeling so much faster with the straight through exhaust though.
Thanks for all the help :)

Reaction score
Country
So its stays at 0.8 boost solid until it reaches quite high in the rev range and then spikes(nearly to 1bar)!
Also if i put it in 6th and full throttle at low revs then the boost gauge wobbles back and forward between .5 and .6 before picking up again , what's that about!
In need of an EBC by any chance?