What's new

Rear end whine once stopped

J

japcar_junkie

my instincts tell me this is probably the fuel pump, but when i break and come to a standstill i can hear i loudish whining noice coming from the rear around by the exhaust (sound a little like a cryin dog). Anyone got any ideas, oh, n its not a dog, i have checked.

D

Derek

The Whining would come from Right hand side if fuel pump. Fuel pump probally on way out. What milage have you?

J

japcar_junkie

The car has done 56000 miles, but a high pressure fuel pump has been fitted prior to me buying the car and not sure how many miles this has done.

J

japcar_junkie

so theres nothin to worry about at the mo then, i'll keep an eye on it for a few days but performance wise it doesnt appear to be having any effect, like you say, its just loud at times.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Quickest way to check if its the pump is to jump in the back, drop the seat back and listen to the left side of the bulkhead between the seats and boot. It should be quite clear if the noise is coming from there....

D

Derek

Ah right, My Nismo fuel pump is noisy as feck. Can constantly hear it. From outside car and everything. At least i know its working..