Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked

subframe misalignment

Has anybody ever fixed this issue? Does changing subframe bushes work?

Liked
    there is not much play to miss align them wrong unless your bushes are really worn?
    zillalife
    Ashfab

Liked
    What tells you your subframe is misaligned? Is it visual or something about the drive? On older s chassis cars I've had the bushes have worn to the point there has been knocking and clonking, and sometimes you can see fluid has escaped but the s15 bushes appear not to be fluid filled, just rubber with holes. That said, I recently put Whiteline bushes in to replace my completely fine standard bushes and its made a really nice improvement to the handling. Very predictable and sharp. Horrible job though and you need a press to get the bushes in.

Liked
    I've had the s15 for 13 years, it's always been this way. Lots of other people have this issue too but it's now eating at me and I want to fix it up

Liked
    I dont get how it can be misaligned...... there are only 4 holes and it only bolts on one way. How have you had your car set up geometrically?

I can see it being sloppy with tired bushes. I have metal bushes in mine and it fits on so snug its impossible to miss align it.
    zillalife
    Ashfab

Liked
    You can only be talking about compliance in the subframe bushes then, in which case locking collars or uprated bushings would be the solution.

Liked
    How do you know it's misaligned?

Liked
    It's fair to say that with 13 years of ownership and a 2002 build date I've had the car long enough to have fresh bushes everywhere, so it's not a worn out bush thing when I first noticed it.

It's believed that the studs off the rails were jigged wrong and all s15's came like this, but obviously not ALL of them since you guys don't have the issue. Maybe it's an Australian model issue? Us Aussies can visually see the misalignment and it's also been measured by professional alignment workshops.

Liked
    Wow that's mental. So what results with the misalignment? Can it be overcome with geometry adjustments to toe, camber etc? Would love to see photos demonstrating what you mean if you have the time/inclination.

Liked
    _Wing_ is right, the S15 had some issue with misalignment of the subframe from factory. I have a very slight difference on both sides of the car where my rear wheel sticks out further on one side than the other. Does'nt bother me too much though. Maybe it is more of an issue on the Aus S15 though
    My Daily Build | Instagram: gary591 | Snapchat: garycro91