What's new

Ogura orc racing clutch

Mycool

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@S15_wot
basically ive lost 1st & reverse on my 15.. I was told i had a excedy hyper clutch on the car, took it all apart to find out i'm actually running a ogura racing clutch (which ive been told is alot better than what i originally thought i had? Anyway... Have any of you guys had any experience with this clutch? The flywheel was built for this particular clutch - therfore il need to buy the exact clutch again or il have to buy a different flywheel & clutch, ive looked the Ogura up & all i can find is a nengun website that deals with them who are based in america... I'm Unsure on what to do, my mechanic has told me to just buy this same clutch as its much better than the majority out the for the price range. Do i do that - or just buy some kinda excedy clutch/flywheel. As you can probs tell, i am
Pretty useless mechanically - any feedback on the ogura racing clutch would be great... Cheers

Mycool

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@S15_wot
My mechanic has taken the clutch apart to have a look. (I am really useless mechanically) but i will try explain the best i can... Basically when the clutch is down it would not get into 1st from neutral unless the car is already in gear. The car would also still roll forward slightly with the clutch down. & when trying to get in reverse, you really have to whack it hard into reverse & it grinds really really bad... Anyways - clutch is apart & when you turn the clutch around it has loads of little teeth kind of things (not sure what there called). But one of them has snapped. I wish i had a better knowledge of mechanics to explain better. But hopefully you understand what i mean.... Lol

Mycool

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@S15_wot
Oh it is... Lol. I saw ur 15 the other day matt.. Looking v smart, once mine is all funny runnig etc we'l have to meet up somewhere for some decent pics as you are literally 2min drive from me ��

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Ogura are better clutches than HKS and Exeddy.

Ive run the ORC (Ogura Racing clutch) 409 for years. Spare parts are easy to get. RHD japan sell them. Not to expensive for clutch plates either.

torque delivery is amazing and the last long. Ive never broken one or burned one out. I can clutch kick my car in 4th gear at 100mph and its fine.

Mycool

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@S15_wot
Thanks for the reply tooley, If i was to put in a order on rhdjapan how long does it usually take until you receive the items? Cheers