What's new

Aero spoiler centre section removal

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

I've seen a fair few pics with the centre section of the aero spoiler removed, tried looking on how its done but no luck! Can anyone point me in the direction? I seem to remember reading somewhere that someone on here does the mod as well?

Thanks
Matt

Reaction score
Country
Ok thanks, I might give it a go in that case. Is there not a big hole left once it's cut away though?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Are you referring to the spoiler or the trunk/boot lid? The spoiler will have to be filled like Tooley mentioned. If your spoiler was already mounted then yes you will have a hole on your lid. You can plug it which looks like crap, have the body shop patch it, or go buy a standard lid and redrill to remount.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I was just unsure once the spoiler is cut if there is a triangular hole left in the spoiler? I guess you'd have to bond something in the hole to fill up against?

Yeah that's what I'm after on the red one

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Spoke to a guy who did this before, he suggested filling the hole with a plastic lid off an ice-cream tub and fill over it then. Something different anyway haha!

There is definitely a company in Japan that make these spoilers centerless but I can't remember the name (also the two outside legs are a small bit higher)

I'll see if I can find out who they are :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Hahaha yeah that's kind of what I was expecting, bonding something on the inside of the hole and building the filler up on that, thanks :)

Could you let me know how you get on Matt? Might try source a spare spoiler myself