What's new

HELP! fog light related!

P

PhilV

Hi All,

Here where I live in Jersey we have a different car reg system called vrd, anyway here you don't have to strip the cars of any mods for them to be registered, however you need to have some diff changes to be registered, such as:

E marked lights or japanese equivelent
Foght Light that Japanese cars do not have or if they do its usually a weaker version
Cat to pass emissions test

and so on...

anyway the one i'm wanting help on is the fog light, atm I have the dangly fog light sort, little square thing you attach to the bumper...IT LOOKS GAY!

is there any way of fitting a bulb to the cluster? how much is it? hard to go?

etc etc

I want alternatives people, what u guys do?

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well, you could fit a red bulb instead of one of the reverse bulbs. And then wire it to a button inside the car.

should look neat.

Maybe rewire the rear brake light on the aero wing if you've got that.

P

PhilV

nah I got a carbon wing now, see:

btw can anywhere do smoking/can i smoke my light myself? i wanna smoke the rear lights as I seen a car with the same lights but smoked and it looks stunning!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
OK. I see. i would have put a red bulb in one of the reverse lights. then wire it to a button which I would place somewhere inside the car.

You can tint the lights yourself. Just get a spraycan of tinting from halfords or something like that.
then mask everything you don't want tinted and spray a thin layer from about 30cm away.
let it dry and repeat untill you're satisfied with the darkness :)
Then polish the lights for more gloss.

I want to get similar lights and do that too.

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Stop putting up pictures fo your car :rant::)

Mine, as with a few others, is a Red LED (clear when off, bright red when on) mounted in one of my reverse light and wired to a switch in the dash :thumbs:

If you had some wider front wings on your car, those wheels would fit perfect :thumbs:

P

PhilV

nice idea, yeah, here is a picture of a car with the same lights as me but smoked, I think they look amazing and would really suit my black car:

P

PhilV

and topper that sounds like a good idea, how expensive was that to have fitted or do you guys do all this yourselves? i dunno anything about mechanics or electrics ha ha, give me a computer and software problems anyday :p

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
It was fitted prior to me picking the car up, shouldnt think it would be to difficult though :no:, just run the cable from the light, under the rear seats then under the black plastic part of the Silvia kick plate then up to beside the steering wheel :thumbs:

Just make sure its hidden, doesnt really matter where it goes.

P

PhilV

ok will have a go then at some point, if not then I'll just be a lazy twit and get garage to do it ha ha ha ^^