What's new

Euro-spec headlights

Reaction score
Country
Hi guys,

I'm hoping some of our European members could help me out!
I have imported my S15 from Japan but currently living in Germany for the next 3 years or so. Does anyone know where I can get some LHD headlights?

Cheers guys.

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I had a look at it. I'm guessing you just file away that plate in the housing that kicks up to the left? It just didn't make sense that something that looks like it's blocking the light is the bit you get rid of?
Could you point me to a guide or something or describe roughly what I need to do?

Cheers

Reaction score
Country
Yyup basically you file it so that its even with the other side, but before that you can take the shape from it on a piece of thin aluminium or something. I did it so that i filed the left side to the same level than the lower side is, then i made a piece from aluminium so it makes the same shape on the other side. And i screwed it on with one thin screw and some glue. Be careful when taking the lights a part, heat them slowly and start to pull the glass away... I hope this helped you somehow atleast a bit. Ill look for some pictures or guides for this.

Reaction score
Country
Ah yeah I've looked up this process for another set of lights. I was really hoping you wouldn't say that though >.< oh well I guess I'll try and get a second set of lights to work on then!

Cheers for the help

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
There is no such thing as a LHD s15. Im not aware they sold them in a LH market. Think the only option is to modify??? Could be wrong though.

Reaction score
Country
Hehe dont worry its sounds harded than it is :) i couldnt find any pictures of me doing it exept one where i have the lights in the sauna...

Reaction score
Country
There is no such thing as a LHD s15. Im not aware they sold them in a LH market. Think the only option is to modify??? Could be wrong though.
You're completely right it was only every sold in RHD markets. I was just hoping not to have to do the modification myself because if I screw up the lights it's a big problem as it makes my only car undriveable. I have done some research and found a company that will convert them for me though so they'll be sent off soon to be sorted.

Cheers for all the help guys!