What's new

rads?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

I reckon my 5 year old DB power rad is on its way out, so looking to upgrade it. Recommendations please? I'm thinking Koyo but open what other people have used in the past..

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Mishimoto would be my choice as quite a few guys run them. Unless you're track or drifting a big rad is pointless

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Koyo is a quality bit of kit ! I have the apex 56mm rad and that is quality too but they stopped making them a while back I believe, can't go wrong with the n flow bud. Would be my choice

Reaction score
Country
I've got the mishimoto three row x-line whatever it's called jobbie. Even last summer on track never saw the temp go above 86℃ on the apexi hand controller. that was without the cowling but with the viscous.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I do track days so its worth the push I think. Anywhere else stock Koyo's other than FRS? SRB power can get them but they are well over 300quid..

The Mishimoter three row is £246 on the SRB site which is pretty decent I think (I wouldn't have to worry about import fees then)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
anyone got a rough idea on what import tax I'd be looking at if I went with FRS? might be worth a gamble...

Reaction score
Country
I think import tax is about 5%, then you have to pay 20% VAT.
My guess is it'll cost you about £300 all in from the states.

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
humm ok cheers, might be worth the chance it gets through. I bought some BC valves and retainers from the states and didn't have to pay anything extra.

Reaction score
Country
I'd probably risk it.

The missus bought me a GKtech item from Aus for christmas and got absolutely raped by fees, LOL!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Try matt at injection imports buddy. He always sorta out good prices on stuff like this!
Plus I'm pretty sure he has a container coming over in the next couple of weeks

Reaction score
Country
Or matt at limitless imports :D

I used to run a japspeed rad which was nasty, my koyo rad is beautiful though. I'd buy another in a heartbeat if needed :nod:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
OK cheers chaps I've dropped Matt a PM... I was swaying more towards the Misshimotor 3 row, as you get the cap with it. Koyo you have to buy it separately which kind of sucks..

Reaction score
Does the mishimoto rad fit like a standard rad? Can you use all original fittings and fixtures including the original fan cowling?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
After all the recommendations for the Koyo, I've gone with the Mishimoto as they actually have a UK website so bought it direct from them with free shipping. All in it cost £233 (with cap!)

Cheers for the input guys :thumbs: