What's new

URGENT FMIC Question!!

Reaction score
Website
www.crossbarryprecision.com
Country
Hi,

When ordering a FMIC, are they engine or chassis specific?

I just ordered a Blitz FMIC from Japan to fit the S15 but i'm pooing myself that I ordered the wrong on!! :annoyed:

Basically:

Engine --> 180sx Blacktop (Non-VVT) SR20DET
Chassis --> Silvia S15 (With aero that I want cutting to a minimum)

What do I order intercooler for?

Need to know ASAP so I can change the order if needs be.

Reaction score
Website
Country
I thought so too but apparently the S13 chassis is more or less the same as the S14/S15 but the intake plenums are in completely different positions so the piping from the S13 kit should suit it better (might have to adjust core mountings though)

In any case, when the kit arrives i'll test fit it and if it doesn't fit atall, i will have no problem selling it with all the 180sx's in this country :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I'm sure you will make it fit regardless mate as it won't be too far off , or as you say easy sell I would think! Not like there aren't any 13's here ha ha ha best of luck with it. It's a nice bit of kit, I have recently fitted the blitz kit to my car and I was very impressed with the quality

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
If you have a 180 SX engine you will need a 180SX kit. As your intake is different to a normal SR. Your throttle body will be lower and at a 45 degree angle where the SR20DET is higher and straight.

should not be to hard to make it fit.

Reaction score
Website
Country
Yeah i'm looking at the two engines side by side right now and the intake is completely different. I'll just have to see what it looks like because i will be doing a full S15 exhaust side so hopefully hotside is similar on all s-chassis