What's new

Clutch Nismo advice?

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well got the old engine out the car new ones going to go in now the clutch is an organic exedy but its about 70% worn so best do things right once and take the opportunity to change it two clutches i am looking at are...

Nismo super coppermix and lightweight flywheel

&

Nismo sports coppermix and lightweight flywheel

i had a super in my last S15 awesome clutch and rated to 420ps but what are the sports like or anyone used one? About £200 difference between the two.

Kev

Reaction score
Country
I have the super coppermix in mine and cannot fault it as its an awesome clutch! I'm not sure on the sports mix but pretty sure it only handles around the 350-360 mark.
If I was you either the nismo super or a exedy hyper single. :thumbs:

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Cheers Kev, guessing will be super coppermix.

Another thought before i buy what would it cost parts for a 6speed/5speed skyline box and adaptor plate?

Kev

Reaction score
Country
I looked into an rb25 box conversion for mine. You usually find a complete swap from around the 700-1200 mark. Just to let you know though, unless someone has modified the shifter on the rb box, extend it! You will need to either extend it your self or cut a little section out of you gearbox tunnel as the gear shift is forward slightly.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
After looking seems the 350z box is better but looking at £1,500 once done so going to keep standard box and get a nismo clutch for now

Last edited by a moderator: