What's new

Oils Guide

Reaction score
Is there a Oils guide for changing the engine, box and diff oil on here hadn't much success finding one but it's very possible its me?!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Well, I don't have any pics. Might take some when I change diff oil later on.

It's pretty straight forward.

Gearbox:
undo the upper refill nut on the gearbox located on the passenger side of the gearbox. You need to get under the car to do this. the nut might be evry tight so expect to use a breaker bar. It's one of those square type thingies on the nut.

The drain is on the underside of the gearbox. similar nut.

Do the fill nut first. Not very. nice to drain the box and then not mange to undo the fill nut.

After the oil has drained put the drain nut back in and refill the box from the fill nut place untill it comes out of the fill hole. I bought a cheap manual oil pump thingie so i could pump the oil in, but you could use a garden hose and let gravity work for you.

Rear diff:
same thing here but on the diff.

This is just taken from my memory. I'm sure someone will come along and make a better explaining post :)

Reaction score
sounds good to me, where is the oil filter located on the engine?also was looking for a guide to what grade of oil like 10w 40 or what?!

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
sounds good to me, where is the oil filter located on the engine?also was looking for a guide to what grade of oil like 10w 40 or what?!
It's located under the intake manifold.
It's very hard to get to, especially the first time you attempt to do it.

So before you drain the oil, be sure you loosen the filter. It could be on very tight.

Edit: For oil viscosities, a 5w40 would be good in this cold weather. You can try to write in opie oils oil recommendation thread on the sxoc. "oilman" isn't on here much. But i think he will say Silkoline 5w40 :)