What's new

Turbo coolant leak

Reaction score
Country
Hi,

There had been a minor coolant leak from the car and after looking to find it we realised it was one of the solid coolant lines feeding the turbo (the ones that run under the manifold heat shield). I know it'll be a hassle to replace it with another stock pipe so I'm looking at braided ones instead. I can't find a photo so from memory I think there were three solid lines that ran together?

Would this be the best thing to get to replace the standard ones and sort the leak? http://www.driftworks.com/braided-turbo-feeds-sr20det-s14-14a.html

New gaskets have been bought as we first thought that was the problem so they can go in at the same time. Is it best to replace all these rigid pipes or just the one with the split?

Thanks and apologies for my mechanical ignorance!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I have just recently replaced mine, got them from hose solutions http://www.hosesolutions.co.uk/turbo-oil-feed-water-feed-and-water-return-for-nissan-s15-silvia.html only £80 and really good quality. also worth replacing the copper washers. Can also confirm this job is a PITA.

A word of advice would as to be keep the solid pipes for reference as to where to route the braided lines. Also the bottom coolant hose (the one that has split on yours) will route a different way to the solid OEM pipe- took me ages to work it out lol

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the link, just ordered that kit now. I won't be fitting them as my incompetence would lead to failure. I'll let the guy know it's an arse to fit them though and to keep the old ones handy.

Thanks

Tom.

Reaction score
Country
It's really not difficult bud, just allow for a day or so to do it and take photos so you know how it goes back together