What's new

Question on fuel plumbing

elizium

Reaction score
Website
www.mys15.org
All,

I'm trying to work out my new fuel plumbing plan and am using a SARD fuel rail. The rail itself has 3 connection points for fuel lines... I was expecting 2 :)

Question - how to install it:

1. feed into the center and then return from each end via my aeromotive FPR which has 2 inputs and 1 output

2. block of the middle one and feed from back to front

3. as for 2 above but put a fuel pressure guage on the middle hole

4. feed from both end points and return through the center one.

Anybody any ideas... manual is totally useless of course ;)

I like option 3 the most :)

ALSO.. does anyone know if the Walbro pump (I can't get to mine now) has AN or pipe threaded fittings - or is it just a barb?

Last edited:

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
My walbro didn't have any threaded fittings on it.

I think it's supposed to be feed from both sides just so the flow is the same over the rail or something.

Not sure though.

Reaction score
Country
i would feed the fuel in from the centre then run it out the two side if its a 2 input FPR.(but make sure line lenghts are same on each end to FPR to give it a more even flow)
i would of believed that the centre was for a gauge only, but ive never seen a 2 input FPR.

if its a single input FPR i would use the centre for a Gauge then run fuel one end and out the other.

gauges to be fitted on fuel input line only..
think line coming from fuel filter is fuel coming from tank.

Last edited:
M

MazzyMan

Dude...you fuel rail is a top feed unit right? Fits on the SR20DET right? From what i understand, there isn't any top feed fuel rail ready for our SR20s...unless I am wrong or it something really new.

I guess i would do the same by means of having the 2 ends be fuel input whilst the centre becomes the return.

See...the issue i learnt (the hard way) is that if you plan to squeeze loads of power from the SR20, the stock fuel rail, in this sense being "side feed" does not help very much. As for cylinders 1 and 2 they tend to suffer fuel starvation due to how the side feed delivers fuel.