What's new

Tapping sound...

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
If i keep will be going forged engine, but put it up for sale stating everything thats wrong and being fully honest with it i dont want to sell it but could do without spending the money on the engine :( sometimes wish i was a engine builder!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
:(

snother option ion is to buy a known running engine and fit that. Only issue is with tubby in your sig you'll need to run it on really low boost to avoid blowing it up. I may be over cautious though.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yer thats the other option if i get stupid offers or time wasters will go that route and source a strong standard engine and run lower boost. So annoyed i love the car just i havnt got the cash to be throwing at it.

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Well good news! The older f*cker engine is coming out with the help of another forum member (n80 jamie) and got a fresh rebuilt unit with a 1.6mm metal head gasket, ACL main bearings,ACL rod bearings, ACL big end bearings, new oil seals and valve seals,new pistons, light weight pulleys and showing 150psi across all four done little miles still needs running in so sparkle clean(skimmed,acid cleaned)

once in next 2 weeks off to Greg at Protune for a full custom tune. Leaving me with a mint chassis awesome turbo and a minty clean new engine :) shame it's cost me bit more than what I was hoping to spend but will be worth it :)

also so went crazy and got brand new radiator/engine silicon hoses
PAS relocation kit
braided clutch cable
double fan set-up
gaskets
stainless bolts
powder coating engine parts
new engine mounts all to fit.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Awesome news! Be well worth it dude look forward to seeing your graph when it's all mapped! Thing is going to be an animal

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Yer 5speed box in this, wont be going mad power as want to keep it reliable. Greg said on this setup 400hp will be the safe side to stay, heard mixed reviews on the gearbox power it can handle.

Wouldn't mind building the old engine up so its fully forged as with this setup an rb25 gearbox 500+hp will be lovely. See how funds go and if i fall back in love with it when its running again :)

Also MR BIZZLE hes on here, sxoc and driftwrks do not deal with him.

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
at 400bhp your over the limit I'd say, won't be long before you blow it, but depends how you drive I suppose but if you have the power your going to use it :)

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
Engine or gearbox? Will see on the day at this rate just crying to drop a forged engine in but just the funds holding me back :(

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Gearbox is the weak point at 400bhp. You could just keep running the 5sp and when it pops get another one for around £200, as to upgrade the box your looking at over 2k if you want something decent :(