What's new

Front and rear wheel bearings

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
Hi,

I am taking apart my suspension for replacing and refurbishing alot of the parts. New front nismo LCA's instead of the adjustable ones, change all the bushes and bolts etc. I am in the process of removing the wheel bearings so no question there. But I want to order new bearings and hubs. FRsport do them, but I am not sure if they are the right ones.

Front:
http://www.frsport.com/FRSPORT-1170-Nissan-OEM-Front-5-Lug-Hub-Assembly---S14-240SX-ABS_p_60061.html
Rear:http://www.frsport.com/Ichiba-NS-20...ug-Hub-Conversion-89-94-S13-240SX_p_7817.html ??

But for the rears I am not entirely sure if these are the right ones. A quick search on here did tell me its hard to source the rear bearings+hub for reasonable prices, but maybe one of you has done this before!

Thanks

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I bought new rear bearings minus the hub flange, but I know a guy called Desa on here who is from Latvia who can get great prices on brand new Nissan bearings.

The rears are readily available

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
And for the front too? I tried finding his username but somehow it doesn't work. Is it like his name, desa?

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I was mistaken he is on driftworks and SXOC this is his user profile on there. http://www.sxoc.com/vbb/member.php?21679-Desa

he can supply front and rear at great prices. They come with abs rings (on front) and studs.

If not then search on here for front wheel bearing and you'll find a thread where I posted about some cheats front bearings I got from Australia! They were £100 each posted! And rears I got from uk for £45 from camskill.co.uk

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
The prices he lists are ok compared with prices at the dealership. But still they are a bit more expensive then the items I listed through FRsport. The S14 uses the same bearings as they are identical in the knuckles and spindles right?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah the bearings are the same!

How much did he quote you for the bearings? Frsports would be $400 delivered plus any taxes? For fronts.

I will try to find the eBay link for the ones I sourced.

Larsz

Reaction score
Country
He quoted about €200,- the piece. That's still way cheaper than then dealer. FRsport is cheaper and that price is a set even. It could qualify for free shipping, but I don't know the conditions for that.

Import taxes is an easy solution, ask them to quote a lower amount on the documents. Saves some.