What's new

Rods and Ends + FAST download

immy21

Reaction score
Country
1999 Spec R manual
The alignment place advised me to change one rod and one ARB drop link due to play. I want to change both rods and both ends.
I'm trying to figure out what rod and ends I need. I have came across loads of conflicting info so far.
I believe:
Rods: The rack end threads are the same between s13, s14/a, s15, S13 + s15 are M12 and s14/a are M14. S13 are 10mm shorter than s14/s15 which means the s15 Rods are unique to s15's.

Rod ends: S13/s15 would be the same m12, s14/a m14.
Are the ball joint tapers the same?

Since I'm replacing rods and ends I think I can stick on the thicker s14 rod and end combo, hence why rod and end sets like Tein are listed as s13/s14/s15.

I just need someone to confirm or correct the above info before I start ordering stuff.

On another note, how do I download FAST?
The S15OC homepage asks for my username and password, my forum username and password does not work for the FAST download :cry:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Yeah the only difference between 14 and 15 are the steering arm thickness and therefor the track rod end internal threaded diameter too, As you've said! So all aftermarket ones are the same, I would just buy some tein ones. I have japspeed ones as they are ok, but only last 18months or so!

Also you need to be a contributing member to access fast as the password is in the contributors area.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
That's the link I was going to mention.

Theres no post count thing, Its not so you get massive benefits, its to help Nicely, the owner of this site, with the costs of running this site, even though he doesn't have an S15 anymore and rarely comes on here. But still keeps this site updated and running smoothly for all us guys that find this place invaluable!

If you do become a member then the links to downloading nissan fast are in the contributors area and you will have to PM me or another admin for the password and then please keep it to yourself. It will change every month to help keep the bandwidth usage down.