What's new

Vibration

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey all, my car has recently developed a vibration when I'm in 5th or 6th cgear and slowly climbing between 60-80mph, recently I have fitting 330mm ksports and also new wheels with second hand tyres (my tyre shop said they wheela are fine and have balanced them twice) there is no vibration on the brake pedal which means it cannot be disk. When I'm I'm a low gear with foot to the floor it does not happen even if I leave it at 70mph.

Any suggestions what would be the issue?

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
what type of clutch do you have?
Are you thinking the DMF?

Well it could be a multitude of things, steering rack bushes are common, track rod ends or tie rods? The tension rods or lower arm bushes, even wheel bearing!

Or in my case its warped front brakes and sticky caliper causing mine I think.

Ive had same issue as you for a long time, although mines just speed related and not gears. But I may try that! As at 60-80 I'm always in 5-6th.
I've changed everything bar the steering rack (I have one to fit) new spindles (I have new to fit) and caliper's (I'm buying wildwood uprated kit)

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
I don't think it has to do with my gears but that is a factor I will need to look at my wheel doesn't feel sloppy but I thinking bushes of some kind, I might has to test my track wheels see if I get the same result, at first I thought it could be a flat spot on my road tyres but surely I would feel that no matter the gear?

Reaction score
Country
getting certain vibrations in certain gears at certain speeds.... year want thinking about the lack of dampening you get from some heavy clutches, but if its a stock clutch then no chance of that.... that noise is more of a off load noise

Unless its a aftermarket clutch and you just dont know is in there

Are you thinking the DMF?

Well it could be a multitude of things, steering rack bushes are common, track rod ends or tie rods? The tension rods or lower arm bushes, even wheel bearing!

Or in my case its warped front brakes and sticky caliper causing mine I think.

Ive had same issue as you for a long time, although mines just speed related and not gears. But I may try that! As at 60-80 I'm always in 5-6th.
I've changed everything bar the steering rack (I have one to fit) new spindles (I have new to fit) and caliper's (I'm buying wildwood uprated kit)

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Wheel balance!
I'm thinking that aswell now because I took it for a spin last night and no matter what gear I was getting vibration at around 70 so must be wheel balance maybe there is a bush or 2 that are cracked which makese feel it more but I'm sure it's wheel balance

Reaction score
Country
I had a similar issue recently and it was a tyre unevenly worn, might be worth giving them a look over

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I would try and have a look at your steering rack bushes, see if you can see any movement in the bushes.
*Try some different front wheels.
Is it just since you fitted the Ksports? Have you had the Ksports hot since having them.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Thread can be closed problem solved!
It was the wheel balance for some reason my tyre shop managed to get it wrong twice
bushes do need to be changed thanks everyone

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
I went to the same place as I use them Through my company for all my tyre needs didn't cost a thing just got the boss to do it instead of one of the other guys