What's new

Who is running decent power on their standard Dual Mass Flywheel?

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
I have been doing some homework on the S15 DMF's and it's known that the S14 clutch kits fit the S15 DMF fine.

The main option people seem to be taking is getting a lightened solid flywheel conversion kit that Driftworks sell,
however on my old S14 I opted for a lightened flywheel on my clutch change and I hated it.

I'd to know who is still running their DMF and is putting out decent power (300bhp+)?

Has anyone actually killed a DMF or got to the point where it starts rattling/ causing vibration?

Thanks

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I'm still running my dmf, I'm at 1.2 bar of boost so about 290-300hp. I've got a S14 act HD organic clutch, fitted 20k ago. My DMF does give me some judder, and you can feel the transmission bounce back on throttle on and off, I put this down to the DMF.
When my act gives up I will buy another one but with a lightened flywheel.
Yeah it will be noiser and more juddering but I would prefer the response.

One good thing even on standard car is to remove the dampening loop on the clutch pipe to slave cylinder. Get a braided one or bend the original steel pipe to fit into the slave cylinder.

JackPilk

Reaction score
Country
The ACT HD was what I used to have and it was a great clutch.

I also removed that loop from the master to the slave and put in a braided line as you said.. it was a nightmare to bleed! It was the hardest part of the whole job!

I will more than likely get a new flywheel whilst the box is off then.

Thanks for the reply

Reaction score
Country
Iv got standard clutch and flywheel just been on dyno made 306 bhp running 1.4bar of boost don't have any trouble with it, well haven't yet