What's new

S15 oil leak

Reaction score
Country
So my s15 is leaking oil look like it coming from the cam cover but hard to see where really

Have been told that if it cam cover the engine will need to come out witch I don't really want to do as just had it put back in

Can it be done by just taking off the bumper and radiator and the the bits in front of it

Also I can't seen to find a gasket for this any where would the liquid gasket you can use on heads do the same job ?? Thanx jake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Cam cover? I think you may mean the front crankcase/oil pump cover? Is it the the lower half of the front of the engine? As that is alot easier with the engine out but can be done in situ by removing everything! Although I'm not sure if it will come out without removing the head. Hopefully someone who has done it will pipe up and tell you. Otherwise have a search on here or google sr20det front cover removal.

As the cam cover is the top of the engine, and can easily be done with engine in situ!

Reaction score
Yep sounds like the timing chain cover and it is a bugger of a job, you have to remove radiator, AC condenser and compressor, fan, harmonic balancer and tensioner pulleys.

It doesn't have a hard gasket its just a liquid gasket cement.

If you take it out it's worth replacing you front crank seal