What's new

Back fire when cold

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys I have a strange one! My car the last two time I've driven it the temp as just reached normal and I go on the motor way hit boost and I get a back fire but a repetitive one has my foot is held to the floor and then it just stops I don't feel like a lose power but it's odd any ideas oh what is the cause?

Reaction score
Country
the car will add more fuel as your engine is colder, every car on the planet does this, if you boost up a modified car with a stock ECU this is something to expect depending of that you have done to your car

Reaction score
Country
unburnt fuel in the exhaust gets ignited by flames following it out and hot spots in the exhaust and bang a flame comes out the back, a back fire is when the flames come out the intake side which is normally due to timing being out by miles was a carb engine problem from fluffing around with the timing and not following the correct marks

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Yeah I thought it was over fueling when cold I could really smell it but te back fire has only happened in the last 2 week and I've had the straight through exhaust for like 5months now that's why I thought I would post it up as it was something that seemed to be out of the ordinary for my car

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Sounds more like a misfire! So it's when you apply constant throttle you get a backfire?
That's right when my foot is to the floor and I have got full boost, acouple months ago I had a Missfire from cylinder 4 which I put down the the plug going into the coil wasn't in properly as once I disconnected it and pluged it back up the Missfire went and I never had a problem since .

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Hmm defo missfire or maybe boost leak!

Does it happen everytime when cold? Is it when its coming on boost? or full boost? or a certain rev range?

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
No I drove it twice today from cold and never happened in the last 10 times I've driven from cold it's only happened twice. It's a really strange one