What's new

Nismo S-tune suspension ride height

Reaction score
Country
I ordered some new Nismo shocks (the S-tune ones with silver KYB dampers with red springs), I fitted them on Friday, replacing standard shocks that have only had a couple of year use. The front of the car has not dropped at all, have possibly even raised 2-3mm. The rear has dropped just over 10mm. The car does look high at the front.

Can anyone comment from experience if this is to be expected?

Just crudely measuring from the ground to the edge of the wheel arch, vertically through the wheel centre, I measured this before and after:

FL FR RL RR
Std Shocks 657 657 652 648
Nismo Shocks 658 662 639 638

I will add photos when I can.

I also changed all the suspension links for new silver Nismo ones, I don't think this should affect it too much apart from I have not had full alignment done yet (booked for Friday).

Reaction score
Country
I've got the same Nismo S-tune suspension in the front and rear of my S15 with matching Nismo suspension links all round. We did before and after measurements when we fitted it all. My S15 dropped 25mm front and rear from factory height. The comprehensive 2002 Nismo parts catalogue I have states that the same S-Tune suspension for S15 drops the car 20mm front and rear. Something is not right if you did not experience the drop as stated in the Nismo catalogue.