What's new

A real review of chinese made suspention arms

Reaction score
Country
I though i would post this feed back about the adjustable arms we put in our cars, thinking they are cheep crap and you get what you pay for and all that bla bla.

4 years ago i purchased camber and toe arms, for $180 a pair.
Only now in the last month have the ball or rose joints started to wear out and start to squeak.
This is about 50000ks worth of hard use, in all weather.

They came with rubber boots for the joints but these cracked and were hardly keeping much out after the first 6months.

So instead of buy whole new arms im just going to buy high quality Teflon inserted joints and screw them into the arms.
The joints I'm buying are American made and are of a similar quality to what you get in brands like Ikeya formula and Cusco.
The welds on the arm have not cracked and nothing has been bent.

Overall i think that's a pretty good run for some cheep like arms. the new joints im buying are $100 each. so compared to Ikeya & Cusco brand new items, i think its not so bad, you can buy joints for $20 each but how long will they last.

please excuse the spelling error in the header meddler

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Have to agree mate. I bought a full set of apex arms when I bought the car almost 5 years ago but with harder rubber bushes and they are still spot on to this day !
Good idea on the replacement joints too ....

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I never have a problem with spelling... :)

It's interesting to see how the joints have held up. Mine have been squeaking for ages now and I know I have to replace them. The thing that has been stopping me pulling them out to confirm what thread they are, is having the car sit on jacks for too long. I have a link somewhere to an American site that has Teflon coated joints at a very reasonable price. The difference between yours and mine is mine have flush mount grease nipples, which I am sure has helped them survive.

BTW, it that your S15 on trade me for $19k?

Reaction score
Country
Male Metric Rod End 16mm x 2.0mm pitch RH thread, is what ive got with a 16mm eye.

and yes it is

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Thanks for the info

and thought so... but that aero bar needs to find it's way to my place!

Reaction score
Country
ive got a better idea... just buy my whole car, lets be honest here its better then yours and needs your pimped out wheels.... ill arrange the shipping in the morning for you

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
lol... I'll be waiting for the shipping price.

Reaction score
Country
its about $3500 in your money. Ive already spoken to your wife and she agrees so its done.......... booking it now

meddler

Staff member
Reaction score
Country
My wife is already dirty I have a car in the garage I don't use. LOL.