What's new

S15 Standard Clutch Fan Correct Facing Direction?

M

Mark_s15

Howdy,

Does anyone know how to check whether my clutch fan has been installed properly? Which way do the fans face? Are there any markings on the fan to tell you which way it should be installed? I cant see the any markings on them as I currently have the fan shroud on which blocks my view a bit.

Also, should the fan "suck air in towards the motor" or "push air outwards towards the front of the car".

Any help is greatly appreciated, a picture may help also.

Thanks,
Mark

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Air should be sucked towards the motor. As far as it being installed correctly, why would it be pulled apart? The fan clutch is a viscous type so if you spin it there should be a resistance on it. The faster you spin the more resistance.

Reaction score
Country
There are so many ways you could have obtained this information without registering here and asking. But since this is your first post, here:

It should look like this, only with a fan shroud ideally.

Reaction score
There are so many ways you could have obtained this information without registering here and asking. But since this is your first post, here:

Why so rude do you not like people from Oz?

M

Mark_s15

I did do a quick search on clutch fans but most of the topics were on replacing them for thermo fans, not actually installing the clutch fan.

Mine is on the correct way :)

No worries, thanks for the help!

Reaction score
Country

The filter dude............