What's new

S15 GT, R34 V-Spec II & 350Z 380RS Pedal Install Guide

Reaction score
Country
In the whole of the INTERNETZ i could not find much info on the compatibility of these pedals for the S15, and ZERO information on whether the R34 dead pedal could be used on the S15, so i have decided to put together a guide.

What you will need:

S15 GT/R34 GT-R Vspec II Pedal Set

• 1 genuine Nissan accelerator pedal (S15 GT Pedal - 18016 - AB010 / 380RS Accelerator Pedal- 18016-AB000)
  • 1 genuine Nissan accelerator pedal mounting bush (Bushing – 18014-8H601)
  • 1 genuine Nissan accelerator pedal mounting clip (Clip - 18014-AB000)
  • 1 genuine Nissan brake pedal (Pedal Cover - 46531-AB000)
  • 1 genuine Nissan clutch pedal (Pedal Cover - 46531-AB000)
  • 1 genuine Nissan footrest pedal (Foot Rest Assembly - 67940 - 70T00)
  • 1 genuine Nissan footrest alloy cover/insert (Cover, Footrest 67845-AB000)

There is two types of Accelerator Pedals Available, it's down to personal preference which you order. The 380RS pedal has an extended lower left corner to aid Heel/Toe, which i opted for.

So once you have your new pedals to hand

start by removing the old rubber pedals from your S15.

- The brake and clutch pedal covers pry-off with ease
- The accelerator requires a clip to be popped off at the top-rear which captivates the pedal to the arm. once that is popped off, the pedal will be able to pivot down and slide off. (if you are having trouble, this can be done when the accelerator arm is off the car - see install stage below)

- Now for the install of the Clutch and Brake pedal covers, i got a bowl of boiling water and put them into it to soften the rubber, and also applied some washing up liquid to the pedal and pedal covers, to aid sliding them on the the pedals, which worked well. have a small electrical screwdriver or other little pry' tool to help get all the lips of the pedal to seat nicely.

For the Installation of the Accelerator pedal, the OEM S15 accelerator arm has a large piece of metal that will need slightly trimming down for the new alloy pedal to fit. (will add pictures of this when i can - But it does 'talk-to-you' once the pedal cover is removed)

The best way to do this is to remove the pedal arm assembly.

- The hinge is bolted to the bulkhead with two 10mm nuts which are easily accessible
- The top of the arm is connected to the throttle cable with a plastic clip. simply push the plastic clip out of the 'fork' at the top of the arm and you will be able to withdraw the assembly from the car

Now once you have got the arm assembly off the car, remove the pedal if you have not already done so.

Simply offer up the new alloy pedal, and you will see exactly how much metal you need to shave off. i used a bench grinder for this, just taking of enough to clear the pedal, then applied rustoleum primer and black paint to re-finish.

Some people prefer to remove the metal piece altogether and leave just the rod, like this:

I opted to leave it on and just shave enough off, to add to the 'weighty feel' of the pedal.

Now simply slide the bush into the lower section of the new pedal, and offer it up to the arm.

Now just pivot it up into the seated position, grab your new clip - Snap it into place to secure the pedal, refit the arm assembly and your done.

Reaction score
Country
Part 2. The Dead Pedal

Now you have your nice new pedals installed, the OEM dead pedal/foot rest looks pretty poor in comparison. Nissan doesnt do a matching dead pedal for the GT model, and R34/380RS dead pedals are different, so where does that leave you?

Now recently i worked on my friends R33 Skyline and the similarity's between them and S-Body's was surprising to say the least. a huge amount of the chassis is the same.
This encouraged me to take a gamble and purchase an R34 dead pedal (R33 dead pedals are exactly the same BTW), and see if i could modify it to fit.

Firstly i removed the OEM S15 dead pedal.

One bolt on the upper left, one on the lower right

I then compared it to the R34 Pedal

As you can see, the R34 pedal has 3 mounting points as opposed to the S15's 2.

But, i did notice the S15 pedal had a blank

I went back out to the car, and sure enough - the S15 is pre-drilled to accept the second mounting point of the R34 pedal

Next i offered it up to see if they did in fact line up - yes, yes they did indeed :thumbs:

The only thing is that the tab nissan welded onto the gearbox tunnel to mount the S15 dead pedal comes through the carpet, which looks a little messy.

I decided to find some carpet that matched the OEM S15 carpet, feed it behind and cover the bracket up.

Bolted it all up, and this is how she now looks

and the important part - it does not foul the OEM floor mats either

Very Happy with the Result :cool: Very Sturdy, and i feel it is much more comfortable than the OEM foot rest, and it really finishes off the interior.

Doing my research, and having a little faith all paid off :thumbs:

Last edited:

Cess

Staff member
Instagram Staff
Reaction score
Country
Fantastic guide. I think you can buy an ADM GT accelerator pedal, to save modifying the JDM one.

Reaction score
Country
Adm car I believe.
Could possibly sorry a gb on the pedals if people are interested?

Reaction score
Country
Yeah hope it is of some help guys, I found it difficult to find info.
its Nice to have done a unique mod on her with the R34 foot rest to make it a nice package, there's not many things that HAVENT been done to a Silvia these days :rolleyes:

Reaction score
woow.. thats a nice touch to the interior. great job doing this and thanks for the write up. Will check with Nissan to see how much would the pedals cost...:D