What's new

Need some important advice!!!!

C

chupiplum

I have a 2001 S15 Spec S and a friend of mine has a Spec R and he upgraded his car so he gave me all the stock intercooler and piping for me to put on my Spec S and the question is , Is it a good idea to put the stock turbo kit on my Spec S without making any changes to my engine he told me i can do that ??? PLS let me know what you experts think....

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
I have a 2001 S15 Spec S and a friend of mine has a Spec R and he upgraded his car so he gave me all the stock intercooler and piping for me to put on my Spec S and the question is , Is it a good idea to put the stock turbo kit on my Spec S without making any changes to my engine he told me i can do that ??? PLS let me know what you experts think....
I personally don't think it's a good idea but anything can be done. Compression ratios are different, I think injectors, clutch, you need an oil feed and return to turbo, custom mapping etc even then you'll have to run quite low boost. general consensus is normally to just drop in an sr20det or buy a spec r instead and get the engine, box, diff, brakes, chassis bracing etc that comes with buying an R. As far as money, reliability and tuneability are concerned that's what I would do...