What's new

C's Short Shifter Installed! + Rubber Boot Mod + Shifter Surround Refurb

Reaction score
Country
Well as soon as the C's Shifter arrived, i couldn't wait to unbox it!

I cleaned it thoroughly, and got to greasing it for a nice smooth operation. I then followed this fitting guide - http://http://www.jull.net/s15-tech-guides/c-short-shifter

Very easy Install

Now even with my OEM shifter, i felt it transferred quite a lot of gearbox noise into the cabin due to the lack of a fully enclosed rubber boot, and now the C's design would promote even more noise, so i had a thought, thinking back to my old S14.

I went and bought an OEM S14 rubber boot, which as i predicted, was a perfect match for the base plate of the OEM S15 one. I simply removed the bolts for the S15 base plate, placed the S14 boot and base plate directly over it, and re-fitted the bolts securing it.

OEM GOODNESS! This would also work on your OEM shifter, very effective little mod.

I love the feel of the shifter now, the throw is tight and short - well worth the 2 years of waiting to find one lol.

Next, As i was in that area, i went ahead and also refurbished the Shifter Surround. I scotchbrighted it entirely to key the surface, and going on a tip from a fellow S15OC member a while back, i went with ROVER STEEL GREY METALLIC. He was 100% right, it was a PERFECT match for the OEM S15 plastics. Just fantastic!

Info
ROVER STEEL GREY METALLIC
REFERENCE - LBM141
MANUFACTURERS CODE - LMZ/624

Perfect.

Reaction score
Country
How's the throw on the stock shifter? I've got a celica now and getting an s15 next few months, I love the shift in my celica as it's quite short/sporty as stock and just want to know what the stock s15 is like

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
I think the stock shifter feels great to be honest, I liked it. I had recently changed the shifter bush too (white nylon) and it improved the oem shifter feel a lot too, so I can't knock it. I had always wanted a C's an it proved such an elusive part it made me want one all that more lol. The C's throw is much more of a workout I will say, I can imagine it would be a little annoying in a daily commuter but as it's a 'Toy' I can live with the Race-Car-Like shift, haha. Has a lovely mechanical feel to it.