What's new

S15 speed sensor

P

peteman35

HI guys ive tried searching but cant get a solid answer.

I have a Spec S converted to SR20DET, it has an open diff.

I have a s14 diff but someone has cut the wires off, which one is the speed sensor? Theres 2 on the backing plates and one up by where the prop shaft goes.

Obviously i can just steal the bits off the Spec S diff when i take it out. but i dont want to have to take all 3 sensors out if i dont need too.

Thanks

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Have a look in the manual at the brake section page BR-87. It doesn't really give a good view, but it may help.

Reaction score
Country
Speed sensors on the s14's are on the gearbox not the diff so I doubt you could fit the sensor to the diff?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
S15 uses the the abs sensor for speed, you just need to fit you s15 abs sensor into the s14 diff. If the sensor was intact you could use it, shame someone has cut the cable as the sensors are an arse to get out without breaking them.

Kev

Reaction score
Country
Ive got a s14 abs diff in my s15 and it all plugged in and worked fine! No changing any sensors so give it a go mate

Reaction score
Country
If you go from the 4.08 to 3.69 ratio though then your speedo reading will be miles out, no?

Kev

Reaction score
Country
I'm not sure? I had a auto diff and have put a manual welded 14 diff in mine and the satnav still confirms the same speed as the speedo! I think its just different gearing! acceleration ect...

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I've got a 4.08 diff in mine an the speedo is okay :) I kept my old speedo converter as I expected it to be wrong, but never needed it