What's new

Servicing recommendations

Reaction score
Country
I plan on servicing the car very soon as i like to maintain my engines well. Think i'll be going for the Millers Nanodrive 10w50 oil however no sure what spark plugs to get. Engine has done 75k miles and is standard apart from a cone filter and a catback. However i will be full decat soon and will probably go stage 1. Also will i need a s15 specific oil filter or do s14 filters fit? Will be getting genuine Nissan.
And finally do the s15's have pollen filters?
Im sure a thread like this has been posted a billion times but it has been a long day and i just dont have the energy to search :)
Cheers :)

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It prob would of taken less time to search it all than it did to write that essay! ;)

unless your tracking it then 10w50 is abit too thick for a daily! 5 or 10w40 is better!

Plugs you can either go the copper plug route, bcpr7es and gap them to .8mm (.7 for over a bar boost) they are £1.50 each. But need changing every 4-5k.
Platinums would be my choice over iridiums. Again grade 7's (I'm not sure what model you need, just google platinum plugs sr20det)

yes oil filters are same as S14, or buy a K&N hp1008 as they are a great high quality filter. (Its what Ive used for 20,000miles, along with redline 5w40 in winter and 10w40 in summer)

and yes they have pollen filters, use the helpful threads section or search pollen filter and there's a thread about them. Just remove it and clean it out.

Reaction score
Country
I personally run Fuchs Titan Race Pro S 5W-40 Ester Synthetic Engine Oil. Great Stuff, Highly Recommended. Still was golden brown when i returned from he Nurburgring. Opie Oils usually have great deals on that.

Filters, As Sam said, either OEM or K&N filters are a good choice - i run oem Nissan, and to save confusion when ordering, order from conceptua - They always send the correct one
http://ttp://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S15...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1e64e71e61

Spark Plugs - Dont skimp on these - i run NGK Iridium BKR7EIX and they have been great, peace of mind is worth the expense.

There is a thread on Pollen filters - IRRC they are HUGELY expensive from Nissan. Just remove and clean it yourself.

Reaction score
Country
Thanks alot guys!
I used the Fuchs Titan Pro Race oil in my astra turbo, was brilliant tbh. So 5w40 will be fine then?
Ive seen the BKR7EIX plugs on Driftworks for £44, are they cheaper elsewhere? Ive never been one to buy crap service parts on any of my cars.
Will have a look for the pollen filter though. Heaters are fine atm though :)

Reaction score
Country
The Pollen Filter is a job i have been meaning to d, might give it a go tomorrow!

Yeah the 5w40 was recommended to me by multiple sources.

For the Plugs, i'm sure i bought my last set from eBay, they were by far the cheapest IIRC.

Reaction score
Country
Found some BKR7EIX plugs on ebay for about £26 posted, alot cheaper than Driftworks! They're gapped to 0.6, they okay to fit straight away or do they need gapping?