What's new

Autobahn fmic install

Reaction score
Country
Spent near enough all day trying to follow the worst set of instructions I've ever tried to read in my life.
If you buy an autobahn 88, I hope you don't need instructions.

I eventually got the intercooler fitted but have a few issues to work out and hoping someone might have the answers.

Question 1: What does this hose do? and how can I reconnect it? do I even need to?

DSC_0184.jpg

Question 2: Whats this bit for? do I bung it or is there something I'm supposed to connect to it?

DSC_000001.jpg

Question 3: Bumper wont fit with fogs on, is it possible with a trim to the back of the bumper?

Question 4: Do I put the front bar back on? and is it visible once fitted?

thanks, I've tried looking for answers but so far I can't find a lot.

Reaction score
Country
Connect 1 to 2 with a longer piece of hose. That's your stock boost control valve so it needs a boost signal.

Reference 4, by "front bar" do you mean "front bumper"?

Reaction score
Country
yep frontbar is other country speak for front bumper.

and yep as the 2slowforyou mentioned above you connected the hose you have in your hand to the bit sticking out of your cold pipe, obviously with a longer bit of silicone hose, ( 4mm inside diameter is what your looking for )

Reaction score
Country
and get a aftermarket EBC a ditch all the stock boost control junk you have there, that is only useful for running stock boost on stock equipment. get one that adjusts things like gain so you can get your boost responce back.. as you will notice since installing that FMIC you will have more lag now

Reaction score
Country
2slowforyou
Buuuuurrrrnnnnnnn

I thought it meant front bumper. Kinda a weird question though, of course put your front bumper back on.

It will be visible. If it weren't then it wouldn't get direct airflow.

Reaction score
Country
Aah, starting to make sense.

4mm ID right through? the original hose looks bigger for some reason.

By front bar, I've forgotten to correct term for it, large metal bar goes across the front of the radiator behind the bumper.
I've realised that I need to trim it to get it back on with the intercooler fitted, was a bit concerned it would be visible once back on as I noticed other people have left theirs off. - I'm assuming its not visible and will be trimming it and putting it back soon.

I will be getting an aftermarket boost controller soon so the stock one will be ditched at some point.
Do you know for a good one at a reasonable price I can get my hands on in the UK?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Talking about the crash bar, my ab88 fitted without trimming the bar but the blitz I fitted need to be trimmed , easy enough job and worth keeping it on the car tbh

Reaction score
Country
Thank you! Crash bar!, That was killing me.

I was hoping I wouldn't need to trim it, and for some reason I assumed it might be visible once the bumper is back on as some people seem to leave it off.
But it shouldn't be visible and I'll be putting mine back on soon.

Got a 4mm ID hose on the way, just need to trim the crash bar and find a way to keep to foglights in.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Ha ha no problem dude. I personally think it's better to keep it as it will take a lot of the impact if ,god forbid , you have a smash otherwise will be the ic and rad/slam bar that take the hit which will cause lots more damage . Defo not visible at all mate sits in the back of the bumper. I thought the ab88 fitted without trimming for fog lights? Is there no movement in positioning on the brackets that hold It in place at all? The bracket on my blitz had elongated holes for a bit of extra wiggle room so I could get it sitting nicely

Reaction score
Country
I got my 88 fitted without cutting the bumper nodded the brackets slightly to hold it further back. I had to take off that plastic cover underneath and cut a screw that holds fogs in

Reaction score
Country
I'll be keeping the crash panel just incase the worst happens, you never know! I have no wiggle rook unfortunately.

I'll be taking a look at the fogs as soon as the weather drys up again and hopefully get the bumper back on pronto!

Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know how I get on :)

Reaction score
Country
Like I said mod the brackets and manoeuvre the pipe work should be able to keep everything mike had a write up on how to fit one I used that and asked him a few questions but sussed most of it myself just takes time if you want it right

Reaction score
Country
I looked at mikes thread but couldn't find much about modifying the bracket, do I just drill an additional hole in the long brackets at the bottom?

Reaction score
Country
Think that's what I did can't quite remember now Il look tonight took me a while though to get it where I wanted it I think mike made some brackets for his