What's new

Stange Trans grind and electrical Q's

Reaction score
Country
Right after start up when the clutch is down I shift into gear and give it gas then I hear a slight grind noise, in both 1st and reverse. this is only after the first shift into gear before i start moving. when I'm driving there is no grinds and no problems getting into gear, the clutch has lots of life but is this a sign i should replace my clutch or does this sound like a much more serious issue with my trans?

Also will an s14 window motor and central locking actuator bolt up to the s15? my passenger window barely goes up and the lock motor is starting to die it barely moves but still unlocks and locks the door every now and then it wont fully unlock and ill have to manually unlock it.

Reaction score
Country
The trans noise is quite common, it's the release bearing i believe (correct me if im wrong anyone) My S14a did it, even when i changed the clutch and renwed the release bearing it made the noise after a few weeks. My s15 does it when its cold, as you described, only when engaging 1st or reverse. So nothing to worry about dude

The window motor problem i have first hand experience with - the S14 motor WILL NOT fit our S15's. I found this out the hard way, when my drivers motor went, i bought an S14 fitment one and it was way different.

Reaction score
Country
you have no idea how relieved I feel about the noise! and I am trying to locate the motors but I haven't had any luck do you remember where you got yours from?

Reaction score
Country