What's new

Drivers arch liner rubbing...

Reaction score
Country
So I fitted DW CS1's couple of days ago and the height came in a little lower than it was before but that was cool so I left it. There was a little rubbing on the drivers liner on hard left turns with bumps. It got worse though, now it rubs on bumps in a straight line and all the time when turning left. I guess the springs could have dropped a bit from bedding in.

Anyway, loads of you guys run lower than I am, what do you do about the arch liner? I don't really want to take it out, I did that on my E36 and it ended up with stones in the door jambs and a big mess everywhere all the time. In the mean time, I'll just have to raise it up a bit.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
They take them out ;) I didn't want to, so lowered it to a point where it wouldn't catch but would if I went even a mm lower, still looked good and rode nicely

Reaction score
Country
just ensure you dont rub into your loom or washer hose.......... relocate to the top of the arch if need be

Reaction score
Country
just ensure you dont rub into your loom or washer hose.......... relocate to the top of the arch if need be
This is a MUST. 99.9% you have started rubbing the loom already. it is incredibly exposed to getting rubbed by the wheel when lowered.

here is a quick guide on what i did, on my build thread:

http://forum.s15oc.com/threads/10143-Dave_t-s-S15-Spec-R-Aero/page6

OR you could relocate it entirely through the engine bay: (S14's are exactly the same as the S15)

Love old Tengoku vids :rotfl:

sibbers

Reaction score
Country
Dave, that video and your thread is amazing. Deffo something I'm going to sort out at some point, although the marks suggest the rubbing I'm getting is at the front of the liner not the top. I'm not that low, just on softer coilovers (5/4kg springs) so they use more of the travel and I have big old profile tyres. Thanks man!

Reaction score
Country
Did this the other day, fitted 9's and lowered it a little more and that made it really bad. Just tucked the loom up high, sent the bonnet cable and front washer through the engine bay and chopped the rear washer. It works for now but I'm reliably informed that it will still eat the loom if you do any drifting. I do plan to do some drift days and Matsuri in it this year so I guess I'll relocate the whole lot through the bay another day.