What's new

Gtr rear brembo vs standard

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey guys is there a big difference between the brembo's and standard calipers? My rear disk and pads are wearing thin so I'm debating my options I want to do the conversion it's the right thing to do but don't know if there is a massive different between the two.

also are the disks the same size?

Reaction score
Country
I know the standard calipers are renound for seizing, There are quite a few threads on the forum already as when i was researching mine i found out quite a bit i didnt know. I do believe theyre bigger discs. everyone says the difference is very noticeable. I word of caution would be to change the fronts too as you will upset the balance of the car by making the rears stronger but not the fronts

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Not sure on the brembo set up but the z32 rear set up is a big improvement , bigger discs and seperate handbrake mechanism makes for a much better set up. I would assume the gtr set up to be the same with the seperate mech? So you would need hubs, handbrake cables etc as above would be thinking about buying the full set as to not upset the balance

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Yes the gtr setup (both brembo and stock) has a separate handbrake mech so you'd need the whole rear assembly. I don't think it's too difficult to swap over. Would be worth fitting braided lines too. I've bought some HEL ones but not got round to fitting yet

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Yes the gtr setup (both brembo and stock) has a separate handbrake mech so you'd need the whole rear assembly. I don't think it's too difficult to swap over. Would be worth fitting braided lines too. I've bought some HEL ones but not got round to fitting yet
To fit braided lines on my s15 with gtr set up are they the same lines?

Reaction score
Country
if you go from the S15 line to the skyline/Z32 caliper you will need longer lines.... if you brought a setup that still retains the little hardline and bracket that goes into the back of the caliper you might just have enough line and hopefully its directed away from rubbing on our wheel or on the body/subframe

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
No. Use gtr lines as they're slightly longer. Fittings are the same.
can i run gtr braided lines on standard set up for future changes instead of buying twice?