What's new

Help!!! Low boost!

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Hey people got a problem need some help and advise. So yesterday I tried to fit the hks ssqv but didn't have the piping so put the original one back on. Now today I've come to Enfield I've been driving really hard for about a hour and now I have low boost it sits at around 0.2bar and when I almost hit the end of the revs it goes up to 0.4 bar. It doesn't feel like it has any power. Any idea what it could be?

Reaction score
Country
daft question but everthings tight and piped up right isnt it?

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Yeah it is. It's changed now my gauge sticks at 0 and climes at the top end on the rpm

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That's an odd one man, was going to say double check everything is pipes up correctly and he clamps are nice and tight .

Reaction score
Country
did you put the manifold boost/vac hose back onto the top of the BOV? if not any boost will just force the BOV open and put it all back into the pre turbo side of the intake. when taking things apart did you accidentally stick something in the pipes and thats are causing very low flow, once i took apart a stock intercooler and found a rag on the hotside of the core

Reaction score
Country
check ALL of your lines, you have a small one which is next to the throttle body that goes to your fuel pressure reg, at the rear you have a blow by return (1way valve) from the rocker cover, on the back you have a vac line to the brake booster, underneath you have two lines one feeds your carbon canister solenoid the other feeds the BOV and ts off to the boost gauge sensor ensure they are all like that.
Your intercooler pipes have a feed to the stock boost control solenoid (turbo side) and a feed host that goes to the Idle Air Control valve (intake manifold side) the last pipe is the hard plastic pipe that dumps air at your BOV, (bottom pipe on BOV) the middle pipe on your BOV feeds air back into your intake system after the AFM but before the turbo.

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
Thanks spoonman I will check all of theese tomorrow, could swapping the pipes on the bov cause this problem?

Reaction score
Country
only if you dont put it back together right, any pipe that comes off the manifold is going to increase and decrease in pressure so any line from there will tell the BOV to open once you close the throttle

If you can do a complete boost leak test,
i made up some gear using plumbing pipe blanks and a car tire valve.

Plug the rubber hose just after the AFM, then plug the intercooler pipe just before it goes into the throttle body,
put a bolt into the breather that goes rocker cover to pre turbo, then just pressurize the whole system to 20psi and listen for any leaks, this test is a damn good way of finding any leaks, as you car is not running and its testing everything pre throttle body

this is a to do after you have checked all the lines on your intake manifold

Jaydej

Reaction score
Country
PROBLEM FOUND

anyone know now what size I need?