What's new

Gtx3071r

Reaction score
Country
Hey gents

Any body tried the new gtx3071r on their SR ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
That's a serious turbo :nod: Would require a forged engine and decent fueling to make the most of it but would be amazing once done :D

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I'm running one on mine, with the right supporting mods it'll push over 500bhp :)

Reaction score
Country
Have you touched engine internals or just standard supporting mods man ?

And when does it hit boost ?

Reaction score
Country
Nice build man :)
Bet she's a lot of fun

Was the tial housing a T2 or did you have to take the T3 path ?

drifter

Reaction score
Country
The tial housing is all v band, no normal flange connections.

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
SR20 can only take up 400bhp on OEM internals, everything above means changing the internals, at least the spings and valves.
But better taking a stroker or Forged engine

Reaction score
Country
ive got a forged engine that will be going into the 180 can you "drifter" tell me you thoughts on cams and this turbo... its for a drift application

Reaction score
I have a few mates with the GTX, their setups are all E85 projects with built motors, most are aiming for 350kw's on 30psi give or take a few psi

drifter

Reaction score
Country
ive got a forged engine that will be going into the 180 can you "drifter" tell me you thoughts on cams and this turbo... its for a drift application
I've only ever used it with Tomei Procam 270's to be honest. When it first went on I had the old style Greddy plenum and standard sprockets and it didn't produce what I was expecting, only 440bhp and wouldn't respond to more boost or timing.

I then fitted Tomei adjustable pulleys and the new Greddy shortport and it made all the difference, engine seemed more balanced an pushed out 507bhp :)

There's another user Actual_Ben_Taylor on the SXOC also running this setup with a couple of small differences and he's nearly topped 530bhp :)

As for the response, my graph is linked to on the first page, I upped the limit to 8000rpm to help keep the power range in play. Dropping the cam size would help spool, but I'd be cautious of going too mild, maybe to a Procam 260?

B

BenTaylor200

I've only ever used it with Tomei Procam 270's to be honest. When it first went on I had the old style Greddy plenum and standard sprockets and it didn't produce what I was expecting, only 440bhp and wouldn't respond to more boost or timing.

I then fitted Tomei adjustable pulleys and the new Greddy shortport and it made all the difference, engine seemed more balanced an pushed out 507bhp :)

There's another user Actual_Ben_Taylor on the SXOC also running this setup with a couple of small differences and he's nearly topped 530bhp :)

As for the response, my graph is linked to on the first page, I upped the limit to 8000rpm to help keep the power range in play. Dropping the cam size would help spool, but I'd be cautious of going too mild, maybe to a Procam 260?
527fwhp with 2.0l bottom end, haven't ran it up with the new 2.2 setup.

I also had the Tomei 270 Procams, but I'm going to be switching to the Kelford 188-B with a set of custom DLC coated rocker arms...

Reaction score
Country
cheers for that mate, you answer another one of my questions about intake manifolds while you were at it. so either a 260 - 270... mid range response for sliding..