What's new

emissions

Reaction score
Country
Hi lads an ideas on getting the emissions down to pass the test. A put my car through the day and it's very high any ideas would be great thanks

Reaction score
Country
Do you still have your cat? If not I suggest you put one back on and I don't know what fuel you put in your car. I normally put in 95 octane since I run SR20DE so I don't see the point of running 98 octance. But when I had my MOT my emissions were too high as well, putted in 98 and then I went for a drive for about half an hour to make sure the cat was properly hot. The cat has to be hot to function at its best so after I came back we tried it again and this time it was perfect. Maybe it helps for you as well. Good luck!

Reaction score
Country
A friend of mine had to get EPA tested on his s15 ..
He put the standard exhaust and cat on and it was all good .. Passed first go .. Make sure cat is hot like Damon said !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Country
Low idle 1.96
High idle 4.17
Lambda 0.88
Hc 263 ppm
It's brave and high
I had cat middle box and a good back box in also a exhaust flange behind the cat to lower the noise but not to effect the cat.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
Mate your engine is running way too rich! Do you happen to run a H-Dev chip or some other chip in your ECU?

Reaction score
Country
No its on standard ecu it's been parked up from last August if that could cause a issue but no modifications from the last time I tested it.