What's new

Intake Manifolds, Discussion about pros & cons factory V aftermarket

Reaction score
Country
I would like to get anyone thoughts opinions about intake manifolds, as where does the factory one restrict? and how does it restrict? do greedy ones help? are Chinese replicas any good, what about mazworx and other really expensive ones ones?

Please relate your experience and findings.

Reaction score
Country
I know that with an aftermarket intake manifold and a good remap you can get about 20% more torque especially in the lower revs. The surface on the inside is much smoother and it has a larger air volume capacity.

I can't tell in what ways a greddy one would differ from a chinese replica. I know ISIS makes some pretty good replica's. You always pay for quality with the brands but these kind of parts so I wouldn't get too worried though.

Reaction score
Country
I saw a blog post of someone installing an Isis one and it was a major ballache to get it to fit. Heavy machining and filing. They might have had a bad batch but that puts me off a bit.

Reaction score
Country
Really? I had one and it was fine, and I know some people who have an ISIS one that fitted fine as well. But maybe that guy had a bad one indeed. I thought that they where just great for a budget manifold.

Reaction score
Country
Yea must've been a bad batch. Do Isis ones use top or side feed injectors by default?

Reaction score
You will improve your spool up time with an after market mani, but there have been issues with some of them cracking or warping at the block side. The other thing you have to consider is heat shielding as well. The stock mani is still a reasonable and reliable unit if youre not chasing big power.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I believe the mazworx inlet is discontinued mate. Had a look when I was last on the site and I'm sure there was a note say currently discontinued . ....The only person I know with one is max on here, has one for his vet build . Have to say it's a work of art! I ordered it with my stuff for him and the quality is immense

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
I've seen and read of people running the knockoff ones with mixed results. If you were to purchase one, go in with the mindset that you'll have to do some sort of porting, cleaning, finishing to it.

I bought a legit Greddy setup personally...

drifter

Reaction score
Country
I used to run a completely stock inlet manifold with my td06 pushing out 440bhp no problem. Since I changed to the gtx3071 I've gone with the new greddy short port :)

Reaction score
Country
if anyone sees any around im after one that does not use heater outlet or IAC valve, is for a track only which will run 450 - 500hp

also with the GReedy ones can anyone find any before and after dyno results?

Reaction score
Country
From what I understand while researching my purchase, you generally gain more on the top end, at the expense of some torque.

Reaction score
Country
correct me if im wrong .....GReedy do two types one with short runners and one that bolts to your factory bottom runners or is that S13 low mount manifold types

drifter

Reaction score
Country
The old Greddy unit for our engine just replaced the plenum and kept the stock runners. The new version called the shortport replaces all of it. There are order units that look like the shortport, but are specifically for the redtop so you need to be careful what you buy :) There's also 2 versions of the shortport, one for stock throttle and the other for the Pulsar throttle :)

Reaction score
Mate had a Mazworks on his VET Mazworks motor, had a few problems with it getting hairline cracks in it during track days.

He now is using a Hypertune manifold which is a piece of art..

Here's a link, check out their Face Book page...

http://www.hypertune.net/