What's new

S15 brakes

John-

Reaction score
Country
I've just booked a track day on a whim, and my brakes are pretty awful. What's the best upgrade for the standard brakes?
What disks and pads front and rear?

Cheers in advance!

Reaction score
Country
Depends on how much money you have to spend tbh. Ksports are decent as are willwoods and brembo's.

John-

Reaction score
Country
At the moment not that much. So I was just thinking about disks and pads for the standard setup.

Still considering options with different front and rear callipers, BMC's and not getting dodgy brake bias's

Reaction score
Country
Gtr 32 OR gtr 33 front disc and caliper,
Gtr 32 rear disk and caliper AND handbrake setup
Bm50 master cylinder.

Best bang for your buck

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
decent pads and good fluid will make a big difference. Slotted rotors (not drilled!!) are also a good idea. For pads look at Ferodo DS2500's

Reaction score
Meddler is right, good pads, slotted rotors and change your brake fluid to a higher boiling point brand like Motul RBF 600. A brake master cylinder stopper is a cheap upgrade to give you better peddle feel

Daveizz

Reaction score
Country
Cheapest way to upgrade is getting yourself some good brake pods.
If you want to upgrade the whole braking system to the next level, the cheapest way doing that is getting yourself some R33GTR (black), R34GTR (Gold) or even the Z33 (gold) calipers and break pods, cost you around 500/600 pound just for the system.
Maybe a good forum member around your place could wanna help you getting the brake sytem installed on your car?

Good luck mate

Reaction score
Country
a note of caution with the brake fluid change- race brake fluid is corrosive and on stock rubber pipes will eventually cause all sorts of problems with seals etc

John-

Reaction score
Country
I was waiting for R33 GTR brakes all round to show up, I know I'm completely capable of the swap, I just have a niggling fear that I am playing with the braking system, and some used parts are less than safe. Saying that, I don't think that I will ever be rich enough to buy new!
I've got a BMC stopper, actually makes a noticeable difference!
Just wondering where to get slotted disks and the pads from! Or just to grow a pair, and buy GTST brakes all round and fit them with the 33 BMC.

Reaction score
Country
I was waiting for R33 GTR brakes all round to show up, I know I'm completely capable of the swap, I just have a niggling fear that I am playing with the braking system, and some used parts are less than safe. Saying that, I don't think that I will ever be rich enough to buy new!
I've got a BMC stopper, actually makes a noticeable difference!
Just wondering where to get slotted disks and the pads from! Or just to grow a pair, and buy GTST brakes all round and fit them with the 33 BMC.
What model is the bmc? Didn't some gtr 33 have bm44?

Reaction score
No, The R33 GTR came only with the BM57 because of the Brembo calipers. The R33 GTST (RB25) came with the BM44

John-

Reaction score
Country
Decided I'm just going to hold out until someone is selling an entire kit so I don't have to shop about and try and source other parts.

Reaction score
Country
I have Drilled and grooved brakes all-round for sale john as I've just fitted Evo 9 and 350z Brembo callipers to mine