What's new

Car wont rev over 6000rpm under load

Reaction score
Country
Having a niggly problem with my s15 where I cant get over 6k rpm under load.
Car gets to around 6k then misfires/feels like it hitting limiter. It then wont rev up for a few seconds after.
Any ideas?

I've gapped plugs to 0.7mm, tried different coilpacks, checked for boost leaks etc.
Going to change fuel filter and see if that helps any.
Wondering if I may have to do the fuel pump wiring mod and run the pump direct from the battery via a relay? Car has walbro 255 pump.

Any help mucho appreciated.

Reaction score
What are your other engine mods ? It's a bit hard to come up with an answer on that limited information, it could be a lot of things on that data..

Reaction score
Country
apexi induction
walbro 255
FMIC
Nismo exhaust
Decat
Tomei empreme manifold and elbow
H-Dev Stage 1a
Boost set at 1.1-1.2Bar
Recirc removed and blanked off.

Reaction score
Country
its done it since I got the car, I changed the Fuel filter and put a new set of plugs in yesterday and it improved but you can feel it trying to hold back at the top end, gonna try the fuel pump mod, might also try a fpr and see if that solves it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
The MAF should be good until stage 3 which is around 320bhp. stage 1a is around 270bhp to 290bhp and uses the standard MAF(according to the H-dev website.) I believe the you upgrade the MAF when you upgrade the tubby and injectors (someone correct me if I'm wrong please).
-Are you using 97ron fuel as stated on the website?
-Have you tried running it with the recirc reinstated?
May be worth talking to Jez at H-dev about it as his chips are mapped to s14/14a's and i know the S15 has bigger injectors as standard so there may be other differences that is knocking the map off?

Best of luck :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
I always run it on V-Power.
I dont have a recirc to fit, shouldnt make a difference I wouldnt have thought anyway when going flat out, only when changing gear/coming on/off throttle.
I got the ECU from a guy that had run it on his S15 so I think it has been mapped for an S15, it also had this problem on the standard ECU.
I managed to find a boost leak, replaced the hose and it has improved it somewhat but its definately still there, maybe there is another leak I can't find.